Hide Shipping Price (which always shows free) before the Shipping carrier step

Mian Waqas

Hi,

I have a question regarding Free shipping, as you all know that it always shows Free (because it is selected by default in back office carriers) until it has been changed in carrier selection step.

so what I need guidance on is that I want to hide the shipping cost until "shipping method" step in check out. (or possibly if it says "To be calculated on next step" )

here is the cartpresenter.php code , which i guess shall need modifying ?

if (isset($deliveryOptionList) && count($deliveryOptionList) > 0) {
                foreach ($deliveryOptionList as $option) {
                    foreach ($option as $currentCarrier) {
                        if (isset($currentCarrier['is_free']) && $currentCarrier['is_free'] > 0) {
                            $shippingDisplayValue = $this->translator->trans('Free', [], 'Shop.Theme.Checkout');
                            break 2;

Will be great full with a Cup

Best Regards

Edited by SMTmardan (see edit history)

So, you have a shipping cost? But only want to show the shipping cost as soon as they select one of the multiple shipping methods?

If so, I suppose you can use JavaScript to hide it untill you need it in the checkout process:

Tip, use the js-current-step class combined with the checkout-delivery-step id (see image)

Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 14.40.18.png

1 hour ago, Nickovitshj said:

So, you have a shipping cost? But only want to show the shipping cost as soon as they select one of the multiple shipping methods?

If so, I suppose you can use JavaScript to hide it untill you need it in the checkout process:

Tip, use the js-current-step class combined with the checkout-delivery-step id (see image)

Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 14.40.18.png

Thanks for replying,

i am not good at JS :( need further guidance please.