Paypal v5.5.0 wont update the status after recieving payment status succesfully.

jdamboeck

I just configured the paypal module and the payment is working. I also get the Payment successful status in the backend. So now i want to set the status to Send or any other and sometimes later i get the message: "Event notification has not been received yet. Please check if your website has a correct SSL certificate (https) or htaccess are not enabled."

After that i have no way of changing the status manually.

I have a working certificate and the server uses tls 1.2.

https://i.imgur.com/ELA8PCK.png

Also the default prestashop generated .htaccess is in use.

Any tips on how to debug the issue?

Edited by jdamboeck (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue as jdamboek.  Payment was successfully made via Paypal module v5.5.0.  Orders show order status "payment accepted" but I am not able to select "delivered" as I get error banner " Event notification has not been received yet. Please check if your website has a correct SSL certificate (https) or htaccess are not enabled."

Prestashop 1.7.8.3
Paypal v5.5.0
OpenLiteSpeed 1.7.15
  Rewrite rules
    Enable RewriteYes
    Auto Load from .htaccessYes
Working Letsencrypt SSL

Clipboard01.png

Same problem as i have.

Paypal Support said it was dependant on the Paypal API.

On Ubuntu with Chrome when i try to change the order status the pages starts loading in finishes except nothing is reported or the status change.

It seems on Windows it gives random errors about SSL and paypal service issues 

• 2 weeks later...

This is still an issue for me,It makes sales administration confusing for the user as no order paid by Paypal gets marked processing in progress or shipped.

I will try to uninstall the module and reinstall 

Hi Jesse and others

I contacted the support team a week back and I have been slowly working through the issue with them.  I gave them access to my shop and they found that there is an issue with the Paypal webhook on v5.5.0 - by 202 ecommerce.  In their words: "our developer has identified an issue with webhooks.  We are working to correct the problem."

They say there will be an update coming which fixes the issue though they couldn't give an exact time the issue will be fixed.

However in the meantime they suggested a work around which I tried and worked for me.

1) Go to MODULE > MODULE MANAGER > PAYPAL > CONFIGURE > EXPERIENCE then scroll down to the bottom and disable "Enable PayPal webhooks".

2) You can now go back into your orders and change the status of the order. In my case I changed it from payment received to delivered.

3) Then re-enable to PAYPAL webhooks again.

Hope this helps others whilst we wait for the module fix.

Cheers

Andy