SQL Database Problem 1.6 to 1.7 upgrade

I'm upgrading a PS 1.6 to 1.7.  The different domains (1.6 and 1.7) reside on the same server where the SQL databases are located.  We do things differently in our shop.  I set up an ODBC 64-bit Data Source to tunnel individual System DSN's to the Database of choice (1.6 or 1.7).  Configuring and testing at the ODBC tool level I can see both databases.  On the server and under the cPanel tool I can also peek and poke all of the tables (like ps_address, ps_customer, etc) with no issue at all.

Now the fun part.  I use Filemaker 18 to Go To Layout (ps_address) so I can look at the SQL table and read/write it with a Filemaker Set Field command.  It works perfectly under 1.6. When I Go To the Layout using SQL 1.7, Filemaker crashes and halts. No Event Errors, no nothing.

I then started to examine the two SQL databases generated by Prestashop, the 1.6 and 1.7 versions and the only difference is that the 1.6 is of the type MyISAM while 1.7 is InnoDB.

I have tested everything I could think of, except the Database type.  My questions are:

1) Does anyone have a clue what might be going wrong or how to look at it better?

2) How can I install a 1.7 with the database defined to have type MyISAM ?  I'd like to test that.

I am lost at figuring this out.  Suggestions and Questions are welcomed.

Thanks,

Joe

hello, what you can do is use emagicone which is a very powerful tool you can export everything from PS 1.6 and then import to 1.7 you can use this tool for free for 14 days, which will give you the necessary time to be able to do the migration, and yes you want to continue using this powerful tool

If you are interested in the standard plan here I leave you a discount code

maya-AAEM-15-OFF

For the professional plan you can contact me since I have a parent license.

On 2/4/2022 at 4:31 AM, juanrojas said:

hello, what you can do is use emagicone which is a very powerful tool you can export everything from PS 1.6 and then import to 1.7 you can use this tool for free for 14 days, which will give you the necessary time to be able to do the migration, and yes you want to continue using this powerful tool

If you are interested in the standard plan here I leave you a discount code

maya-AAEM-15-OFF

For the professional plan you can contact me since I have a parent license.

Thanks for your response but my problem in not (yet) the migration piece it's just being able to talk to the database from an ODBC application.