Products with variable sizes and prices

Good day,

I badly need assistance with loading Products with variable sizes and prices. I would like to allow clients see a drop down list showing for example 10kg 5kg and 2kg of sugar or other products.

I have tried this and failed?

Please use the easiest way to explain. I am not versed with codes and all.

Thanks a lot in anticipation

1 hour ago, JBW said:

It's very much standard in Prestashop to create attributes and combinations. Where exactely are you struggeling? Post some screenshots of your steps here or record a screen video

There we go. I have changed and played with different options but when I refresh the website, I see no changes.

Do I also have to do it for every product with variables.

Please see if you can assist with a step by step instruction.

Screen shots attached

Screenshot_20220124-123704.png

Screenshot_20220124-123752.png

Screenshot_20220124-123810.png

Go to Catalog -> Attributes-> New Attribute.

Call it Weight. Public name Weight (or Weight in kg, KG or what you want)  Type of Attribute:  List

Save.

Add New Value into the Group of Attribute   Weight you just made. Call the Value 1kg save and Add New Value. 2kg, 3kg, 4kg, 5kg, 6kg......     and 10kg.

Save all of them even if you don´t use all of them if all your products.

Go to your Catalog-> Products -> Sugar (you mentioned). In the first tab Basic adjustments, at the right, Combinations, select Product with Combinations.

Then go to Combinations. Select the combinations you use for this product, go to Weight and select for example (if you only sell sugar in 1kg, 2kg, 5kg and 10kg) those values. In other products you can select only 5kg and 10 kg

Generate. After this you have the combinations.

Say we want to sell the sugar at 1€ one kg, 1,95€ for 2kg, 4,50€ for 5kg, 8€ for 10 kg

Select the cheapest value (1kg) edit with the pencil icon, set the price for 1kg, for example 1 euro, if it is final price Tax included. Tax excluded if you want to add taxes after. (If you at the beginin set the product price at 1€ you don´t have to edit 1kg, set to 0) If you didn´t set any original price, then set it to 1€

Edit 2kg set impact on price 0,95 (plus the original price for 1kg we get the final price set to 1,95€)

Edit 5kg, set Impact on price 3,50. Then you will get the final price of 4,50€

Edit 10kg, set Impact on price 7. Then you will get the final price of 8€

Edited by Aldeag (see edit history)