[Solved]After upgrade to 1.7.8.2 can`t login to BO and HTTP 500 error

Hello,

I am not a skilled PS user at all. I have tried to autoupgrade my shop (from 1.7.5.2 version /php7.2) and now I can`t login (login screen in loop). During upgrade I have noticed couple error warnings.

Finally, it looks like all is finished..? and I refreshed tab (to early?).

In debug mode I can see some error lines saying installation in progres or so.

Please help me with this. I tried google my problem but nothing seems to work for me.

I post some screenshots. Let me know if you need anything else from me to investigate this.

Thank you

ps. I did full PS backup from server using ftp

1819109527_500error.thumb.png.5a20b55cb7f0a44c7e93b58c1952bbc8.png

1150503057_2ndpart.thumb.png.142bc73d3577d1d3217a7793909c8809.png

Edited by dap1234
extra info (see edit history)

Could not find anything saying module name. Is there a way to rollback manually to previous version?

I was very naive thinking using 1-click upgrade will take me through the upgrade process with no problems. Never had that problems with my Wordpress site.

My bad, shouldnt do it at all when shop was running ok...

Any othe ideas? I need my shop running asap.

Thanks

I presume, you didn't clean the shop from old modules which are not compatible with PS 1.7 . 

Finding the proper one will take some time. You need to check all lines and figure out which one. In case you lack the skills, use the 50% principle. Create a module2 folder, and move 100% of your modules into it. Than start moving all modules 1 by one;) Not  a perfect solution, but figuring out what is causing the issue, as well which module can take sometimes hours. 

Cheers, 

Leo

1 hour ago, Prestachamps said:

I presume, you didn't clean the shop from old modules which are not compatible with PS 1.7 . 

Finding the proper one will take some time. You need to check all lines and figure out which one. In case you lack the skills, use the 50% principle. Create a module2 folder, and move 100% of your modules into it. Than start moving all modules 1 by one;) Not  a perfect solution, but figuring out what is causing the issue, as well which module can take sometimes hours. 

Cheers, 

Leo

No, I didnt clean old modules. By moving 100% modules you mean that root folder should be emptied?? Then when I move one module back to root/modules folder should check error log (and keep doing that with others)? If nothing found in error log, for this particular module, it mean is compatible with installed PS version?

I have just compared modules folder with backup (PS 1.7.5.2) and there is 2 modules less than after upgrade to 1.7.8.2. Not sure if this will help.

Edited by dap1234 (see edit history)

Sorry, I presumed you upgraded the store from Ps 1.6 . (I just noticed that it's from Ps 1.7.5.2 upgraded and not too) 

Upgrading the store from PS 1.7.5 to the latest 1.7 shouldn't have generated such issue. I don't have time right now, but on Monday morning  once I'm in the office I could check - in case that is an option. Not getting a closer look, and from what you shared is almost impossible to figure out the issue. 

Cheers, 

Leo

Edited by Prestachamps (see edit history)

Great, thanks for you help so far. I will try to dig out some logs (I think I seen a post on forum how to do it) and copy it here.

This is what I did to upgrade PS

1.backup of everything (copied everything from the root/www catalogue)

2.I put PS under maintenance

3.had one yellow issue with max_size.. sth like that (could overpass)

4.clicked upgrade

5.couple errors poped out in one of the boxes on my upgrade screen (unfortunately, I did not took enough attention to save this somewhere for future reference, my bad)

6.finally it said Finished... (not sure about this part as maybe there was another step and I refreshed tab

7.tried to log back in BO and it stuck on login page 

8.logged in to server via ftp and changed dev mode to  "true"

9.after that I tried to login again and this time I get this error what I attached to my 1st post.

I have attached some logs.

dev.log

upgrade log end part.txt

Edited by dap1234
added log file (see edit history)

compare your modules folder with the one from the prestashop archive (download it if you don't have it already) then rename one by one the extra modules in your folder (not in the archive) and test if the problem is gone after each rename; when you find the culprit rename back the others.

18 hours ago, Rhobur said:

compare your modules folder with the one from the prestashop archive (download it if you don't have it already) then rename one by one the extra modules in your folder (not in the archive) and test if the problem is gone after each rename; when you find the culprit rename back the others.

did that, still same problem :(

In my hosting panel, under CMS tab, it says installed PS ver. 1.7.5.2. Shouldnt be 1.7.8.2 after upgrade? 619849578_ovhinstalledcms.thumb.png.eb25a196078d9a77e08ed12f540c89b4.png 

On 1/9/2022 at 9:02 AM, Rhobur said:

There is no column 'active' in the hook table nor there was in the 1752.

I see active column in my 178 install. Guess this is missing here and should be added

grafik.png.17d8a37efce6cf9aeb1b05898ee243c0.png

ALTER TABLE `mod875_hook` ADD `active` TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '1' AFTER `description`;

46 minutes ago, JBW said:

I see active column in my 178 install. Guess this is missing here and should be added

grafik.png.17d8a37efce6cf9aeb1b05898ee243c0.png

ALTER TABLE `mod875_hook` ADD `active` TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '1' AFTER `description`;

Yes, one line is missing (active). Now, when i click ADD it sending me to this screen (bare in mind, I`m completely rookie with this and I dont want to do even bigger mess). Which fields I should fill? Thanks

1789828039_myphpadd.thumb.png.8a0c4d6dd75e29f4db4b47fe3caaf9c5.png

Thanks.

It seems that error gone. I had another one with database connection. I sorted this out. Now I see login screen but it stuck in loop. In Dev mode when I try to log in I get white screen in the middle after login. Should I delete cache from the VAR directory? 

Really appreciate your help @JBW

after login dev mode.png

You are missing more DB fields (id_shop in table mod875_log in this case), there seems to be something really wrong.  You can continue to add them one by one but there will be still risk of future errors or inconsistencis

grafik.png.1691f201e92091de80fee02ad7761137.png

By the way, in folder /modules/autoupgrade/upgrade/sql you can find all the SQL statements that were supposted to be executed during upgrade. If you can't go for a restore I would check these and apply to your DB manually if required, these are not so many coming from 1.7.5

• Like 1

got some errors on this forum aswell  "error 1020"

not even funny 

ok, back to the topic 

after I add two 1.7.5. files from upgrade/sql directory this error got on my screen now

159379929_notitle.png.c708807227165b6a651ba3006797945f.png

I will install PS 1.7.8.2 on localhost tomorrow morning and see whats missing in tables. Does it sound like a good idea?

What if all fail? Will I have problems to restore my shop to the state before an upgrade? 

• dap1234 changed the title to [Solved]After upgrade to 1.7.8.2 can`t login to BO and HTTP 500 error