PS upgrade from 1.7.7.8 to 1.7.8.2 - some minor display issues.

Hi community, I am wondering if someone else has faced the same issues as me and if someone can help. I did a test upgrade from a 1.7.7.8 installation to 1.7.8.2. I tried the one-click upgrader and I aslo tried the official manual upgrade way by ftp-ing the new installation to the server and running upgrade.php. Whilst the latter way quickly solved the main page 'search bar' display issue (by upgrading the search module), 2 issues still remain, probably related to the size of the font. My 1.7.7.8 installation is the default classic theme without modifications. During the 1-click upgrade, I tried all option about the theme and for the manual upgrade, I did not have any choice but it turned out better.

Please see the 4 attached pictures, 2 pix of before and 2 pix of after the upgrade. Anyone with any suggestions? Thank you.

before1.jpeg

before2.jpeg

after2.jpeg

after1.jpeg

Edited by Shyam Doshi (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, ComGrafPL said:

Php version? Can you link the store? Did you clean cache after upgrade? Is it custom theme?

Php is 7.30 for the 1.7.7.8 and is 7.4 for the 1.7.8.2. Production store (before upgrade) is plal.com/2shop and the upgraded test is doshi.com/store. Yes cache cleared in back office/advanced parameters/performance; no it's the default classic theme from 1.7.x.x (May 2011). 

38 minutes ago, ComGrafPL said:

Php version? Can you link the store? Did you clean cache after upgrade? Is it custom theme?

20 hours ago, racemaniac said:

"Problem" seems to be the search block on the right of the screen.
I Had same issue .
I Cleared cache and now screen seems ok

The search block display issue was quickly settled by downloading the latest searchbar module version.

19 hours ago, ComGrafPL said:

Did you actually update the theme as well?

With 1-click upgrade, I had options (to update the theme or not and to install the new theme or not) and I tried all combinations and the result was more or less the same as my first post. With a manual upgrade, I don't think I had that choice though I could have not uploaded the /themes/classic folder that came with 1.7.8.2.

I am sure there must be other users of 1.7.7.8 using the default classic theme who have chosen to update to 1.7.8.2 - hoping to hear from some of you.