An unexpected error occurred. [PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Domain\Category\Exception\CategoryConstraintException code 6]

tiagoDias

Yesterday as I was updating the menu for my store out of nothing I start by not seeing the category tree on the module Initially i was thinking that was related to the module it self but after investigating I realised that I cant event create a category anymore keep seeing the same error:   An unexpected error occurred. [PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Domain\Category\Exception\CategoryConstraintException code 6]

Been hours on this and cant figure out how to solve it does anyone has any Idea? Please help. 

Found a few other similar issues but I was not able to fix any thing following them: 

793132287_Screenshot2022-01-02at04_14_31.png.6e9e627a0db9138a143053cd3ee3d7b1.png

Edited by tiagoDias (see edit history)

2 hours ago, tiagoDias said:

Yesterday as I was updating the menu for my store out of nothing I start by not seeing the category tree on the module Initially i was thinking that was related to the module it self but after investigating I realised that I cant event create a category anymore keep seeing the same error:   An unexpected error occurred. [PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Domain\Category\Exception\CategoryConstraintException code 6]

Been hours on this and cant figure out how to solve it does anyone has any Idea? Please help. 

793132287_Screenshot2022-01-02at04_14_31.png.6e9e627a0db9138a143053cd3ee3d7b1.png

BUMP this 

4 hours ago, tiagoDias said:

Yesterday as I was updating the menu for my store out of nothing

Your shop was off set by your hunger for updates.

Do not touch a running system. Ever.

Just for the sake to to have an up to date shop now you are up for the task to undo the update.

16 minutes ago, tiagoDias said:

Any Idea how to fix that? 

if it were my shop I would have a complete back up in the prior version ready.

I don't know what you have nor what you have done. 

You can try by renaming the module you updated. Than reinstall the module. Have a back up before you do it, files and database.

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nickz said:

if it were my shop I would have a complete back up in the prior version ready.

I don't know what you have nor what you have done. 

You can try by renaming the module you updated. Than reinstall the module. Have a back up before you do it, files and database.

thank you so much, this help me a lot been hours around and didn't pass on my mind to restore DB backup. 

I have done it now and solved the problem. thank you again for your help.