Upgrading Problem

Hello

i have updated my Prestashop from V1.6 to V 1.7

V 1.6  prestashop everything was was working  . then i installed V 1.7 and i have the Ap-Pagebuilder Theme  i bought . Scince then many problem has occured  such as  the customer can not register : i can not finelise order and no option offering the Credit card payments !

my friend lookad at the database and told me many things has broekn and not functioning

so i need some one to help me  how can i re installe or make a new  Upgrade my Prestashop V1.7

i download it now V 1.7.8.1  Zip !  but in back office i can not do it ?

So help me out please folks

rgds

VS Sam

Hello,

Major upgrades like this are very complex to implement, rarely is it a good option.

I don't understand why you want to download a new PS 1.7 when your site is in 1.6 ? Ok it's for upgrading but, unless there is a big need, not changing seems to be the best solution. Even more when you know how much better the 1v6 version was but I'm not saying anything :)

As for your site not working, major updates, as their name indicates, make major changes to the "structure" of Presta so many themes may not be compatible, some files will be deleted and / or replaced by new ...

hello  

than you for your reply Sir !i have been installed before the  V1.6 everything was okey ! 

but i did my self upgrade with V 1.7 then i have many things  in the prestashop my www.shop  stpoed to work correctly and i have a error messages in my SEO 

so i was told there a brake  down in the application itself !

so i wan to just re install the prestashop  i donwload the Zip V 1.7.8.1  do i do this via my file zila in the server ?

or how can i fix those bugs  ?

thank you

2 minutes ago, VSmoda said:

my self upgrade with V 1.7 then i have many things  in the prestashop my www.shop  stpoed to work correctly

That's normal, this is why we never make any big update like 1.6 to 1.7. 

For exemple, I tried to upgrade from 1.7.7 to 1.7.8 and my homepage style just get destroyed. 

You can fix all bugs if you want but I hope that you are motivated. 

Btw if you want to install a new ps version but still use the same folders, then you'll have the same problems except if you keep only the theme and modules folders but I think you'll get some errors. 

Yes i know

i did go back to the original  thememe classic ! 

but still have the same problems 

can not customer create account 

can not finelize order 

can not offer the credit card  

even that everything is configured correctly 

hm !  😒