Discounts / Vouchers / Coupons not displaying on My Vouchers or applied automatically — delayed

jordisvein

TLDR: The server timezone could be different than the time applied to the start date for the voucher. Roll back the start time of a voucher to check.

I figured it out, but I couldn't find any info on the issue, so here you go:

This is what happened to me and how to fix it:

I have a module that create account-specific codeless vouchers as referral rewards, these would apply automatically on checkout. Tried it all locally and no issue.

When I installed said module on my live site, the email notifying of the voucher's creation was working, but the vouchers didn't display on My Vouchers in the customer's My account or apply on checkout.

Reinstalled everything, still didn't work.

Turns out, my server's timezone was UTC, but the vouchers were being created with the "from x date" setting being GMT+1 —one hour after—, so the vouchers wouldn't show up until an hour had passed from the voucher creation time —and patience is clearly not my thing.

Try to roll back the time of a voucher's start date, see if that works.

If it does, change the server's timezone.

• 1 year later...

Good day,
I also noticed the same problem if you create a coupon and the time is delayed because PS itself has one timezone and the server is in another timezone. Maybe you managed to find a solution to stay in different time zones, but to show the coupons to the customer immediately?

• 7 months later...

Without direct access to the code and settings of your eCommerce platform, it can be difficult to diagnose the problem you're having with the voucher codes not appearing in the customer's My Account section or applying at checkout after installing a module. To solve the issue, you can try the typical troubleshooting techniques listed below:

Determine Module Compatibility
module documentation for review
Examine the module configuration.
Remove Cache and Look for Conflicts
Examine error logs.
Review Platform Updates 
Contact Module Support While Testing on a Staging Site
Personalized Development