Product thumbnails don't change size

Hello everyone,

I am trying to do some modifications in the product list and I am stuck with a problem.

I am on Prestashop 1.6.1.17 using BlackHawk 3.2 theme.

What I would like to do is change the product colums to be from 3 to 2 and increase the size of the thumbnail.

What I did was:

- Edit the product-list.tpl modifying the line {assign var='nbItemsPerLine' value=3} from 3 to 2, that at least worked.

Then, I edited under preferences -> images, and for home_default I changed the size from 270x270 to 415x275. I then regenerated thumbnails for the "Products" then "Home_default" and also cleared cache.

In the product image tab at the back office, I uploaded the new thumbnail that I have of 415x275 pixels.

However, after doing this, the thumbnails changed the proportions but their size does not show as full size (415x275).

Here is the result:

example1.jpg

And here is what I would like to achieve:

example2.jpg

Do I need to modify anything related to the center column? I made the new thumbnails with a reasonable size so that they could fit the original space there is with the 270x270 thumbnails (but instead of 3 products, only 2), but maybe that is not how it works.

I would truly appreciate anyone could help.

Thank you very much,
Guillem

I've been doing some searching and I think that I need to change the image container to fit the size of the new image, does anyone know where I can find this piece of code? I searched in product_list.css but can't seem to see any changes in the modifications I've tried.

When I change the new image, and also change the dimensions in the images preferences for "home_default" the image is horizontal as it should be, but it is too small, I would like it to be displayed like the original thumbnail, 415x275px

Hope anyone can help,  thank you all in advance.