PrestaShopDatabaseException error after update to 1.7.8

Hi, i need help!!,😭 after upgrade my store from 1.7.5 to 1.7.8, my store did not work again, giving me the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Unknown column 'active' in 'field list'<br /><br /><pre>SELECT active FROM `ps_hook` h WHERE (h.name = "moduleRoutes") LIMIT 1</pre> thrown in /bitnami/prestashop/classes/db/Db.php on line 769

and if a try to get in administration y receive this:

(1/1) PrestaShopDatabaseException

Unknown column 'active' in 'field list'<br /><br /><pre>SELECT active
FROM `ps_hook` h
WHERE (h.name = "moduleRoutes") LIMIT 1</pre>

in Db.php line 769

at DbCore->displayError('SELECT activeFROM `ps_hook` hWHERE (h.name = "moduleRoutes") LIMIT 1')in Db.php line 385

at DbCore->query('SELECT activeFROM `ps_hook` hWHERE (h.name = "moduleRoutes") LIMIT 1')in Db.php line 663

at DbCore->getRow('SELECT activeFROM `ps_hook` hWHERE (h.name = "moduleRoutes") LIMIT 1', true)in Db.php line 697

at DbCore->getValue('SELECT activeFROM `ps_hook` hWHERE (h.name = "moduleRoutes")')in Hook.php line 1270

at HookCore::getHookStatusByName('moduleRoutes')in Hook.php line 776

at HookCore::exec('moduleRoutes', array('id_shop' => 1), null, true, false)in Dispatcher.php line 596

at DispatcherCore->loadRoutes()in Dispatcher.php line 249

at DispatcherCore->__construct(object(Request))in Dispatcher.php line 207

at DispatcherCore::getInstance()in index.php line 93

45 minutes ago, Jorge De Los Santos said:

hanks, I really can't find how to fix it, I don't know what to modify or how to rollback to the previous version

Not sure if still there

@almasbsr

Go to modules - find module 1 Click Upgrade - click on configure - rollback to previous prestashop version

If you miss that column then use phpmyadmin to login to your database, select the ps_hook table and a new column called 'active' after the 'description' column.
This new column is of type tinyint and has default value of 1 (which makes all your modules active then later on you can deactivate the ones you don't need in BO->Modules).
Alternatively, if you do not have phpmyadmin but have access to the mysql console, run this:

ALTER TABLE table ps_hook ADD COLUMN active tinyint(1) AFTER description DEFAULT 1;

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi! I am having this same issue, and I am not sure how to access or change the PS hook. I really need to fix this, I threw away the whole page and it has been down for two days. I am using WinSCP to access my FTP. I tried to updated all modules but we are using Presta 1.6 HELP! 

6 hours ago, EmsTrytoDev said:

I am using WinSCP to access my FTP. I tried to updated all modules but we are using Presta 1.6 HELP! 

You need give more details:

since when do you have that issue? Did you update anything, did the server update anything.
Do you empty your caches after each action and check?

32 minutes ago, Nickz said:

You need give more details:

since when do you have that issue? Did you update anything, did the server update anything.
Do you empty your caches after each action and check?

I tried to do a general module update which caused the issue. I didn’t clear cache before but I did it after. It happened two day ago. I think the solution would be to restore it to the previous state, I just don’t know how. 

19 hours ago, EmsTrytoDev said:

restore it to the previous state, I just don’t know how. 

depending on your hosting it can be pretty easy or harder. 
Do you have a backup + its database?