Payment in Checkout defaulting to PayPal

I have Prestashop v1.7.7.4 and I am having a lot of issues with my checkout. When users click the Proceed to Checkout button on the cart, it takes them through registration, address and delivery options (unless already registered), but then when it gets to the payment section, it defaults to Paypal with the message "You have selected your PayPal account to proceed to the payment." This isn't true because the user hasn't been given the option to make any choices between payment options yet or enter any payment details. Also it's not possible to move on from this stage as clicking Place Order is not possible, you just get a "no entry" symbol as the pointer icon.

I have Prestashop Checkout as well as the bankwire and cashondelivery modules enabled as payment options so the user should be presented with 4 options - card, Paypal, bank transfer or pay on delivery.

It appears this issue is intermittent and doesn't always occur. I have only been able to recreate it twice after trying several times.

In case it was due to a localization issue I have enabled these 3 payment modules for all countries, all enabled currencies and all freight options. Geolocation is also disabled. I have also tried resetting the Prestashop checkout module but I am still getting the error.

I have attached screenshots that hopefully show the issue.

1794777138_PrestashopCheckoutIssue1.png.864f6650b822395a67e354bb586e60ac.png1374912805_PrestashopCheckoutIssue2.thumb.png.44479d7a8ff7094b62c375a055e1de75.png1552027482_PrestashopCheckoutIssue3.thumb.png.f7f9a07d9cf979bef6d2afedd7a5acde.png

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and please let me know if any more detail is required

Edited by breastonkitchen
Add tags (see edit history)