Simple anchors in cms do not work in PS1.7.8.0

dptodesarrollo

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with anchors in the category pages and sub-category pages. In both type of pages I have the tittle and a small description, with the anchor Follow at the end of this. Down of this description are the images of products and down these follow the complete description of the category or sub-category. The anchor points to the beggining  this complete description. When I click to the Follow anchor the page moves down to show the complete description but inmediatelly the page refreshing happens. This behavior occurs in the 1.7.8 version, before I had the 1.7.7.3 and this behavior never happen.

Here is a video that explains perfectly what happens. (Thanks Stephane1874 in https://issueexplorer.com/issue/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/26326)

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/46202635/137910770-307466ef-21a3-424c-b654-89977606fbcd.mp4

This happens in Chrome and Edge, I haven't tested in other browsers but it should work in any of them.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, dptodesarrollo said:

Here is a video that explains perfectly what happens. (Thanks Stephane1874 in https://issueexplorer.com/issue/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/26326)

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/46202635/137910770-307466ef-21a3-424c-b654-89977606fbcd.mp4

This happens in Chrome and Edge, I haven't tested in other browsers but it should work in any of them.

Thanks!

That's what happened to my anchors. I have installed the contentbox module of emotionLoop to create a box allocated in the displayFooterCategory hook. This box is for a long description of the category. The anchor is at the final of the category description and the link is at the beginning of the box, after the product's images. The box is shown less than one second before the page is refreshed. 

As I said before, I've tested it in the chinese Baidu, and I don't think it has the Chrome motor!!! 😜😜

Edited by jhmorales.ceramics (see edit history)

I am using a child_classic made from the 1.7.8 version. I have included some aesthetic touches in the custom.css and 2 lines at the bottom of head.tpl. One of the domain_verify for pinterest and the last of the preload of the Caveat font used in the titles h1, etc. 

Should I make a new child_classic theme with the 1.7.8.1 version? 

Edited by jhmorales.ceramics (see edit history)

9 hours ago, jhmorales.ceramics said:

I am using a child_classic made from the 1.7.8 version. I have included some aesthetic touches in the custom.css and 2 lines at the bottom of head.tpl. One of the domain_verify for pinterest and the last of the preload of the Caveat font used in the titles h1, etc. 

Should I make a new child_classic theme with the 1.7.8.1 version? 

Did you also upgrade the default theme (enabled the option in the auto-upgrade settings) when upgrading to 1.7.8.1? Cuz the fix (https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/26410/files) was included in 1.7.8.1: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/releases/tag/1.7.8.1

Edited by w3bsolutions (see edit history)

On 11/17/2021 at 9:25 PM, jhmorales.ceramics said:

As I said before I upgrade to the 1.7.8.1 version included the default classic theme. Should I do the upgrade of the child_classic theme I use with a new one with this version?

Since it is a theme-specific issue, try replacing your classic theme folder with the one in the PS 1.7.8.1 download, clear your caches and see if it's solved. 

7 hours ago, w3bsolutions said:

Since it is a theme-specific issue, try replacing your classic theme folder with the one in the PS 1.7.8.1 download, clear your caches and see if it's solved. 

I've made it and it is not solved.

After that I cleared cache in BO and in Chrome I erased 1 month history, cookies, etc. and refresh with ctrl-F5. And the problem is not solved. This not affect the function of the page but it is a weird behavior that had not happened before in the 1.7.7.3 version. This happens in Chrome and Edge in windows 10 pc, a samsung android tablet with chrome and samsung internet, a huawei smartphone with chrome and baidu.

I connect the description of the category with the contentBox 1.1.3 module by emotionLoop:

this is the link at the end of the short description of the Ceramica category in spanish:   <p><a href="#continua" class="continua" title="continua">Continua ▼</a></p>

and this is the anchor at the beginning of the long description text of the Ceramica category in the catceramica contentBox in spanish:     <h3 id="continua">Piezas de gres</h3>    (recommended by developer.mozilla.org https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/a#:~:text=Linking to an element on the same page)

and this is the anchor at the beginning of the long description text of the Ceramica category in the catceramica content-box in english:     <pre lang="html5strict"><a name="continua"></a></pre>    (this one worked right in the 1.7.7.3 version)

You can see this weird behavior in action in my web page JHMorales.com/en/10-ceramics . I have another 6 pages with the same problem, all in 3 languages.

• 3 weeks later...

I've upgraded to 1.7.8.2 version and the weird behavior continues. In the 1.7.8.1 versión I've made some tests changing the link for the anchor place and nothing worked right. I mean, I have the link

<p><a href="#continua" class="continua" title="continua">Continua ▼</a></p>

at the end of the category description pointing to <h3 id="continua">...>/h3> at the begining of the contentbox.

I've changed the place of the id="continua" out of the contentbox, at the end of the productslist div, in the products-bottom, in an independent div between the products list and the contentbox. etc. In some cases the category description disappear 🤯

When I click in Continua the page goes down to show the extended description of the category and immediately the page is refreshed and go up.

On 12/9/2021 at 1:08 AM, Fabry said:

Hi, thanks for the answer. How can I fix it? where is the file to be changed?

I've downloaded the file listing.js fixed, where it goes?

I've been searching that file in my hosting but I cannot find it.

Hi J.C

well i've tried this change on prestashop 1.7.8.2 with a trhid party theme and no success, the problem is still there. You have, but with classic theme there is no problem and you don't need to change anything!

NB: i don't still use this new version of prestashop in production websites because usually i wait  sometime, still too many bug in earlier versions.

So maybe it would be better to update your Prestashop to 1.7.8.2 theme classic included!!..i think you will fix the problem.

5 hours ago, Fabry said:

Hi J.C

well i've tried this change on prestashop 1.7.8.2 with a trhid party theme and no success, the problem is still there. You have, but with classic theme there is no problem and you don't need to change anything!

NB: i don't still use this new version of prestashop in production websites because usually i wait  sometime, still too many bug in earlier versions.

So maybe it would be better to update your Prestashop to 1.7.8.2 theme classic included!!..i think you will fix the problem.

Hi. Actually I have the 1.7.8.2 version upgraded with 1-click with classic theme included. The problem still is there, in my web jhmorales.com you can see that. 

• 2 months later...

NOt SOLVED in production

The fix involves the file: themes/classic/_dev/js/listing.js -> That  _dev folder is not present in production files....

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/commit/36cdc6b3fa468789bf6eec9931da32803ee3803b

Any clue how doest it solve the problem with the current files ???

Im running latest version of prestashop 1.7.8.3 and the problem is still present.

Thanks,

Pepe

Edited by Prestapepe (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Did anyone found solution to this? Fix provided will not work, since the classic theme not containing the crucial folders and files. We are stuck on 1.7.8.1 and we would really appreciate info how to fix that. Thanks!