No icons after update to 1.7.8

Dartstempel_NL

Hello there,

After upgrading from 1.7.7.0 (or so) to 1.7.8.0 all of the icons on the front-end are gone. No more shopping-cart, no more login-in, no more menu button for mobile and so on. Also the arrows on the slider are missing. Tried to google for a solution but couldn't find anything usefull.

I'm using the standard theme and I uploaded a picture for reference. Anyone a clue?

Naamloos.png

10 hours ago, Dartstempel_NL said:

Already found the solution. During the update all the icons where somehow removed. So with a backup still on the server I just copied them back in the right place.

Same problem.

Which folder icons are/should be located?

Hi , queston ,  

It not helped with those files replaced.  ( error.css & theme.css) 

Maybe its better  to take the whole FOLDER    themes . (good backup)   and overwrite  it  all 

Or must I just  overwrite ONE  FOLDER. ( CSS)  ONLY ? 

What you think ? 

Misschien is het beter voor mij de ganse FOLDER  Themes. overschrijven ( goede backup )   of volstaat het  om de FOLDER  CSS alleen over te schrijven 

Bedankt thanks , Jean 

SOLVED :):):)

The best way is next:

- download Prestashop 1.8 zip file to your desktop

- unpack this zip file in his directory (when unzip choose "Extract to..."

- open this folder then unpack prestahop zip file with option Extract to prestashop"

- open this folder Prestashop -> themes -> classic -> assets -> css and select all files and copy to your server in folder themes ->classic->assets->css (overvrite

- refresh BO and FO with ctrl F5

In css folder on server you have only 2 files but you need all files to be there.

• Like 1

Hi Ivica.  , Thanks 

But I must  (be behavior)    because. I have a modified  theme ,

I have not the original Theme,  I have buyed another template   ,

so if I overwrite ? 

Its  ok to use  only the  (CSS folder included all the files in these folder)   to overwrite ? 

not  themes -> classic -> assets -> css 

Just CSS 

Thanks for help ,  Jean 

@Jean

Copy this files in css directory of classic theme.

Look in your theme is there directory "assets" and subdirectory "css" and see is there this files (svg and woff2).

Do not owerwtite your theme.css file. Just copy this svg and woff2 files in your css (append this files in your theme directory css) and copy them in css of classic theme as I wrote in last message.

Edited by IvicaB (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Jean said:

this is  my pritnscreen from my good backup 

this is the CSS folder 828034554_S1)screen2021-11-05om15_59_17.thumb.png.54299bd60734ad076fe1fcb3eccf03fb.png

2) 2021-11-05 om 15.59.39.png

Yes all except theme.css, theme.css.map, theme.rtl*, error.css (this files not for this time)

Have you this svg , eot, ttf, woff files already in you server?

dont forget to refresh BO and FO

On 11/4/2021 at 2:02 PM, Jean said:

Hi , queston ,  

It not helped with those files replaced.  ( error.css & theme.css) 

Maybe its better  to take the whole FOLDER    themes . (good backup)   and overwrite  it  all 

Or must I just  overwrite ONE  FOLDER. ( CSS)  ONLY ? 

What you think ? 

Misschien is het beter voor mij de ganse FOLDER  Themes. overschrijven ( goede backup )   of volstaat het  om de FOLDER  CSS alleen over te schrijven 

Bedankt thanks , Jean 

Just replace the folder. There is a chance you should also replace the core.js file. In my case also the payment button was not working anymore, so just check that out also.

Hi Dart ,  yes indeed ,  there is a  a problem with my pay check out , step (agreement) 

you have to checked the BOX

Before you pay , you must agree with the terms

Agreement  is not working anymore  , it. stays. ( GREY) 

pfff, dammm,    Somebody else. has this problem,  after upgrade ?  ( see printcreen) 

Pay checkout (agreemend.jpg

On 11/7/2021 at 2:17 PM, Jean said:

Hi Dart ,  yes indeed ,  there is a  a problem with my pay check out , step (agreement) 

you have to checked the BOX

Agreement  is not working anymore  , it. stays. ( GREY) 

pfff, dammm,    Somebody else. has this problem,  after upgrade ?  ( see printcreen) 

Pay checkout (agreemend.jpg

I replaced the core.js file in .../themes with an older one from 1.7.7.7. Then it works fine again.

Yes I did this yesterday, before I did a full restore  , but It not works on my side........

(core.js)  is something template related,  if you have not a customize template  ( there was also a problem in 2017 ) 

I think on my side its a module related,  but I don't no why ,  

Thanks for search  a solution ,Jean 

• 2 weeks later...

Damm   , updated. to 1.7.8.1  now 

Again the same  issue  ........  !     

The same   problem with my pay check out , step (agreement) 

you have to checked the BOX ( AGREEMENT). 

Its  again. not working. , so I must  again perform  A FULL RESTORE. !  

How  many  users/ people has the same problem ? 

Why thouse  prestachop. not FIX this problem . ? 

Thansk , jean 

@Jean I had the same problem and much more. I did't want to pay for something that it's not my fault. This is fault and problem od prestashop developers. So I made full restore to my previous version 1.7.7.4 and everything works excellent.  New version have lots of bugs and problems. They can be resolved if you pay developers to fix that. I receive several offers from 100 dollars to 200 euros to fix all problems. I don't have this money for problems I did not made.

Hi Ivica, 

I am busy now with the full restore  , 

Do you use also the  (one click upgrade module ) ? 

This is so sad to hear  , I don't understand why they want money , prestaschop is open SOURCE ,  and the community helps  each other.

Thats opensource stands for ,  not money 

The  normal way should be  , if there is a update,  then its for to fix   bugs and errors  , but this way its. reverse,

I have more errors now 

realy shame ! 

@Jean I used one click upgrade for upgrade, but downgrade to my previous version I ask my server provider to do full restore, because some part of vers 1.7.8.0 was stil remain, so I must do full restore. Only after full restore my previous version works excellent. You can try (maybe you will be more lucky than me) one click restore, but in my case I was some problems after I restore with one click. This is the reason why I ask my server provider to do full restore. I am lucky because they made backups every two days.

@Jean I hope and I think prestashop developers did not made this problems with reason (for the money), but they did not put here solution for that problems, so lots of problems made lots of asking for help, and other developers who working for the money, offer they services for the money. It's not some things on purpose, but result is the same. It's free and open source, so they try to made without bugs.

I salute prestashop developers for open source prestashop, but I asking them to slove the problems they made.

Yes ,its strange   why they not help here to get solutions , also for other users 

I perform the full restore on myself,  but I stay on prestaschop 1.7.8.1  

Then test some things   , to see  its works  or not 

The first time , I did.the same ( full restore)  but stay on 1.7.8.0 ,  it worked