Most optimal PHP version for 1.6.1.23?

Hello,

I still have prestashop version 1.6.1.23 and my webstore is very slow.

I have contacted my server company and they told me that my PHP version might be out of date, (i'm sending pics). In my cpanel it appears PHP version 7.4 (see pic). 

I understand very little of prestashop and I'm afraid to change and deconfigure something  🙈

Also, they sent me an analysis on  GTmetrix saying that there are some points that can be optimized. 

How can I solve this?

Thanks for any help.

Teresa

php1.jpg

php2.jpg

php3.jpg

GT Metrix always sees points of improvement. And hosting companies like to point to other factors than the quality of their service. Yet my impression is that low quality hosting is by far the most important factor in your rather slow website. There may be some slow module too but that cannot be determined without a closer look.

Prestashop 1.7 is more resource hungry. So going that way without better hosting is not recommended.

If you want to stay on 1.6 you can upgrade to 1.6.1.24 or move to Thirty Bees.

gtmetrix 'used' to be good until they went google.

you should be using lighthouse not gtmetrix

I think 1.7 is faster, it promised us one CCC for .js/.css for all pages, if you can get that..then your issues are solved.

but coming here and basically ignoring community feedback, running on dated ps....waiting for the answer you think is correct, waste of community time