Upgrade 1.7.7.4 to 1.7.8 stable

The upgrade fails with the following error:

src/Adapter/CMS/PageCategory/CommandHandler/BulkDeleteCmsPageCategoryHandler.php added to archive. 17649 files left.
src/Adapter/CMS/PageCategory/CommandHandler/BulkDisableCmsPageCategoryHandler.php added to archive. 17648 files left.
src/Adapter/CMS/PageCategory/CommandHandler/BulkEnableCmsPageCategoryHandler.php added to archive. 17647 files left.
[INTERNAL] /home/flyingserv/domains/flyingserver.nl/public_html/modules/autoupgrade/classes/ZipAction.php line 111 - ZipArchive::close(): Can't open file: Permission denied
Backup files in progress. 18047 files left
Errors
Could not close the Zip file properly. Check you are allowed to write on the disk and there is available space on it.

Permissions are set correct (upgraded before) and their is plenty of free disk space > 10GB (double checked).

KInd regards
Hans Kind

Version 1.7.8.0 are far away from stable. The worst upgrade as I use PS (and I use for a very long time). Bugs everywhere. I must restore my backup previous version of 1.7.4 and do my work again. I wonder, how is it possible to work ok for one-two days (not excellent as 1.7.4, but ok) and suddenly next day, the place for product description in BO show for a one second and than dissapear. Email templates are ruined too.

Update from 1.7.7.x to 1.7.8 is catastrophic (though it went smoothly without errors)... custom.css is deleted after putting it back is not overriding theme.css, all product descriptions are missing... Trouble getting site back to normal.

Hi, had localhost with two languages ( EN and LT) and after update both languages show nothing in description. Reverted back to old version and everything is shown again. Another problem (bigger for me) is, that custom.css is not overriding theme.css (using standard theme with css customization)

@darkin

How I solved this problem:

- disabled all non native prestashop modules

- set default language on english

- disabled my  (serbian) language

- then turn this HTML Purified option to enable

- ctrl F5 to refresh BO and FO

Result - html boxes shown on english language

- than enable my language

- than refresh BO again

- than change default langiage on my serbian

- than disable english

The second problem you probably have is no icon on front office.

The best way is next:

- download Prestashop 1.8 zip file to your desktop

- unpack this zip file in his directory (when unzip choose "Extract to..."

- open this folder then unpack prestashop zip file with option "Extract to prestashop"

- on your desktop open this folder Prestashop -> themes -> classic -> assets -> css and select all files and copy to your server in folder themes ->classic->assets->css

- refresh BO and FO with ctrl F5

Whe you upgrade to 1.7.8.0 in css folder on server you have only 2 files but you need all files to be there.

10 minutes ago, IvicaB said:

@darkin

How I solved this problem:

- disabled all non native prestashop modules

- set default language on english

- disabled my  (serbian) language

- then turn this HTML Purified option to enable

- ctrl F5 to refresh BO and FO

Result - html boxes shown on english language

- than enable my language

- than refresh BO again

- than change default langiage on my serbian

- than disable english

I forgot, than enable one by one non native module (enable one than look in html boxes if ok, enable next non native module and check if html boxes atill there, enable tirh module, etc)

1000.png

Edited by IvicaB (see edit history)

@darkinCheck in your server folder css (themes -> classic -> assets -> css and select all files and copy to your server in folder themes ->classic->assets->css)

Have you there all files (svg, wof, ttf) not only css.

Notify me if you solve the problem.

Thanks and good luck :)

To see the changes from custom.css i had to open the page in browsers incognito mode. Don't know why browser's cache cleaning was not working... So was blowing my head and thinking about some "magic" , but reality was laughing on me.