Latest PS Install

I'm having issue with latest PS install, build 1.7.8.0 & php 7.4 halting at 98%.

The error seems to indicate it cannot rename the index.php file but this is not the case, at the point where the error occurs I check the PS root folder and the index.php has been renamed index.php.temp

I assume it renames this original to create another??

I have check account, file and folder permissions they all seem correct and I have performed an equivalent install of joomla without error. 

prestashop install error.png

• Confused 1

I know its only been 6 days since I asked but I thought prestashop had a big community?

Is there no one out there who can engage in dialogue?

If the 1.7.8.0 version has install issues or compatibility with PHP 7.4.1 just say so and I'll stop wasting my time.

:>(

Edited by AshChook (see edit history)
  • Confused 1

I know its only been 6 days since I asked but I thought prestashop had a big community?

Is there no one out there who can engage in dialogue?

If the 1.7.8.0 version has install issues or compatibility with PHP 1.7.1 just say so and I'll stop wasting my time.

:>(

UPDATE: WHY DO YOU SAY prestashop 1.7.8 SUPPORTS PHP 7.1+ WHEN IT DOES NOT? WTF!!!

I downgraded my PHP from 7.4.1 to 7.1.29 and it now installs past the error, but other errors/warnings now preventing install finishing.

Edited by AshChook (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Well just as well you did not close this topic I have more installation issues having moved backup to PHP 7.4.25 as there were issues with down grade to PHP 7.1.29.

Every PHP version seems to have its own set of issues with PS, I don't have a problem adding extensions if there missing its when they don't get recognised by the install script after adding them its just crap.

WHY NOT TELL US WHAT SPECIFIC VERSIONS OF PHP WORKS WITH WHAT SPECIFIC VERSIONS OF PS THIS SEEMS TO BE LACKING, TRIAL AND ERROR IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE PRACTICE.

Now PS 1.7.8 will not detect the internationalization data and the intl PHP extension which is loaded.

Nor will it recognise the PHP accelerator opcache which is also loaded.

Where is the override to ignore these warnings so the install can proceed and finish?

This is exactly the problem it is posted that "PHP 7.1 or later" but this wrong there are issues and installing PS 1.7.8 with PHP 7.4

You cannot even install PS with PHP 7.4, I rolled back in PHP version only & the install proceeded where it failed before.

The whole point is we are constantly recommended to update for security and bugs fixed but then things turn to sh1t.

Not enough testing is being done from new install to finished site upgrades.

Hello,

you "rolled back in PHP version only & the install proceeded where it failed before" okay but this does not indicate for sure that PHP was the main blocking point.

Your first post showed as error "Access denied", I guess you checked the access rights on your files?

You are right about security concerns conducting to updates. And Prestashop is indeed to slow when it comes to follow PHP updates.

(My config today: PS1.7.7.8 PHP 7.4.8 no problem!)

22 hours ago, AshChook said:

The whole point is we are constantly recommended to update for security and bugs fixed but then things turn to sh1t.

The reason behind updating is to keep developers in their job. Security based on hackers having less information is pretty childish.  If you need secure sites you need to monitor it round the clock.  Popular is to stay with vs 1.6 of if you want a 1.6 with php 7.4 go thirtybees.

Hi AshChook,

"and later" is not so fine written.
But on the other hand the alternative is a lot of stress for the developers.
They have to check each Presta-Version with new Php-Versions.
I don't know, but it could be, that a newer version of php mostly is backwards-compatible
and the developer-community made the experience, that presta mostly runs under newer Php-Versions.
Sometimes a comando is deprecated in Php -thats true.
I don't know what here would be the best praxis.

yours
DAniel