Should I include my renamed admin folder in robots.txt

rav.tan

The whole reason why we rename our admin folder is to "hide" it.

Now the question is should we include it in our robots.txt?
Including it in our robots.txt instantly gives our admin folder's location away as anyone can access robots.txt

However if we do not include it in robots.txt, will search engine be able to pick it up?

Any views on this?

Including it in our robots.txt instantly gives our admin folder's location away as anyone can access robots.txt

However if we do not include it in robots.txt, will search engine be able to pick it up?

Any views on this?

You renamed it for a reason so why should you list it in a file where majority of us can see it !!!??

Instead why don't you just password protect the directory ?? Will make it twice as hard for anyone to access it you can also include an htaccess and only allow your IP to access that particular folder using methods such as

Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from (your.ip.address) "

Any views on this?

You renamed it for a reason so why should you list it in a file where majority of us can see it !!!??

Instead why don't you just password protect the directory ?? Will make it twice as hard for anyone to access it you can also include an htaccess and only allow your IP to access that particular folder using methods such as

Order deny,allow
Deny from all
Allow from (your.ip.address) "

you can put a , between ip addresss you can also use a range if your ip changes 123.123.123. or even more broad 123.123.

I personal always put a script on my sites at /admin that bans them from the server. This keeps people from poking around.