Can't modify or see product comment and description after upgrade

Hello,

since my hosting site is disabling PHP 7.3, I had to upgrade prestashop to newer version.

I have followed the steps to upgrade manually.

Now when I want to create,  or modify an existing product I can't see the description, or resume textboxes / text.

As so I can't input any text.

On the website itself the 'old' existing products still show the descprition and resumees...

I searched a little bit on the forum, but can't find anything useful for this. Tried deleting the cache: no help.

omschrijving.thumb.JPG.25e7b0323e104f3cfdc822d37b646a89.JPG

Prestashop 1.7.7 does not support PHP 7.4. So you better find another hosting provider. 7.3 will only become outdated in december and PS 1.7.8 should by then be available.

There are other people running 1.7.7 on 7.4 so with a bit of effort (and make compromises) it should be possible to get it running.

The problem you are seeing is nearly certain caused by a javascript error as the TinyMCE boxes are generated by javascript. So there is some prior error that stop the further execution of javascript and then TinyMCE isn't started.

Even when I switch to php7. 3, it remains the same.

I have PS 1.7.8 installed, as this should be compatible with php7. 4. 

Since 7 octobre the stable version is released, but I have or had installed the previous release candidate of september.

On 10/4/2021 at 3:30 AM, Johan123 said:

since my hosting site is disabling PHP 7.3, I had to upgrade prestashop to newer version.

Should you have a backup of the old version in a VPS you can use a older shop version for quite some time. I.e. it gives you time to check which modules can be updated.

4 hours ago, Johan123 said:

Even when I switch to php7. 3, it remains the same.

I have PS 1.7.8 installed, as this should be compatible with php7. 4. 

Since 7 octobre the stable version is released, but I have or had installed the previous release candidate of september.

Did you check for javascript errors? That was my suggestion....

• 4 weeks later...