modules not showing up in new installation

@Testasecca,
I have since revert back to 1.4.0.17 since I found couple of other bugs in 1.4.1 that I never experience before (like duplicate categories when using import tools).

However, I did found the root of this problem is you must have your hosting increase the memory from php.ini (which is something you cannot do on your end, at least on some of the shared hosting company. if you self-host, that's another story).

Then on BO>Tools>Generators>in the "Specific Configuration", I added these two lines:

AddHandler phpini-cgi .php .htm
Action phpini-cgi /cgi-bin/php5-custom-ini.cgi

and it fixes the problem.

Again, this was my procedures, you have to get your host involve. If they won't help you... you really need to move onto another host who is willing.

what happen was when I click the Generators for the automatic populated .htaccess, the automatic generated files keep revert the status back to the original memory provided by the host, so by having custom insert from the host, these 2 lines will ensure I'm connected to the custom file that gave me the increased memory.

I can PM the hosting company that I used if you need to have a reliable host.

• 1 month later...

hi,

i can't find BO>tools plz guide where to find?

and in which file to add these two lines?

also, i want to ask you is when i did my first install of 1.4.1 it was ok, well, on quiet a few install its was ok but suddenly it has started giving such problem

your reply appreciated
thanks

• 1 month later...

@Testasecca,<br/>I have since revert back to 1.4.0.17 since I found couple of other bugs in 1.4.1 that I never experience before (like duplicate categories when using import tools). <br/><br/>However, I did found the root of this problem is you must have your hosting increase the memory from php.ini (which is something you cannot do on your end, at least on some of the shared hosting company. if you self-host, that's another story).<br/><br/>Then on BO>Tools>Generators>in the "Specific Configuration", I added these two lines:<br/><br/>AddHandler phpini-cgi .php .htm<br/>Action phpini-cgi /cgi-bin/php5-custom-ini.cgi <br/><br/>and it fixes the problem.<br/><br/>Again, this was my procedures, you have to get your host involve. If they won't help you... you really need to move onto another host who is willing. <br/><br/>what happen was when I click the Generators for the automatic populated .htaccess, the automatic generated files keep revert the status back to the original memory provided by the host, so by having custom insert from the host, these 2 lines will ensure I'm connected to the custom file that gave me the increased memory.<br/><br/>I can PM the hosting company that I used if you need to have a reliable host.

SOME ONE HELP ME!!

I followed this guys advice and now when I go to my site I get a 404

www.nextleveltech.co.uk I can't even get into the back office I need help fast my online business is down :(

• 7 months later...

SOME ONE HELP ME!!

I followed this guys advice and now when I go to my site I get a 404

www.nextleveltech.co.uk I can't even get into the back office I need help fast my online business is down sad.gif

Had the same problem here. No modules showing up in administration. A blank page was displayed.

So i deleted (using an FTP client) some modules i will not use, and problem solved. Now i can see the modules.

Prestashop version1.4.7

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

got the same problem after my previous problem was not solved by anyone I resorted to a clean install and I have the same problem. No icons appearing, and no modules in the modules section. Also no products appearing even though I backed up from a previous installation and imported over a thousand products.

:mellow:

UPDATE:

fixed it. Check your permissions on the "modules" folder via your FTP. For some reason my module folder was set to 666 and should be 777 I think. This fixed it for me.

• 4 years later...

sometimes you have to search in the searchbar for the module you just uploaded. Just type the name of the module in the searchbox and it will appear. 

Ofcourse when you uploaded the right file. Can you tell me what file you tried to upload? It should be a zip file, but sometimes the module is in the zipfile together with for example documentation etc, then you will have to pick the right file in the zip