Migration by using new installation

Hi 

I 'm updating my shop which was under prestashop 1.6 because I was facing bugs 

I decided to developp a new shop under prestashop 1.7 under a new domain name and in the future I will a redirection to have my new shop available under my previous shop adress

The installation and prestashop configuration works well. By using import CSV I was able to import my categories, custommer, and products

Now I want to import or transfert my Order but I cant do it by import CSV.

Do you have a method to share

thanks in adavance for your support

regards

Cédric

Edited by Cedric38 (see edit history)

• Cedric38 changed the title to Migration by using new installation
5 hours ago, Cedric38 said:

Hi 

I 'm updating my shop which was under prestashop 1.6 because I was facing bugs 

I decided to developp a new shop under prestashop 1.7 under a new domain name and in the future I will a redirection to have my new shop available under my previous shop adress

The installation and prestashop configuration works well. By using import CSV I was able to import my categories, custommer, and products

Now I want to import or transfert my Order but I cant do it by import CSV.

Do you have a method to share

thanks in adavance for your support

regards

Cédric

Is 1.6 still on any domain? I can help you with migration without using CSV.

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Yes 1.6is still my previous domaine.

I put a redirection so for the moment BO is not accessible, I can remove the redirection if necessary, by the way the 1.6 data base is available

One more information, in order to recover the order I copy the table order from 1.6 database to 1.7database and renamd it with the good prefixe and it works. In order to recover also the invoices and the order details I try to do the same think for the other table but the columm inside the table are not the same between the 2 versions of database so I didn't took the risk to use the same method.

regards

Cédric

Edited by Cedric38 (see edit history)

One of the ways is to upgrade your store to PS version 1.6.1.24 and then activate PHP version 7.1.  Once you have done this, upgrade your store to Prestashop version 1.7.4.4 after this update you also update your PHP version to version 7.3 and now update your store to the latest prestashop version (1.7.7.8 at the moment)

This is all possible with the Prestashop one click upgrader.  However, sometimes you need to make some additional changes to our change of a specific code.

Edited by Crezzur (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi Crezzur

Thanks for your answer.

By the way my original site www.leveritablekoudou.com is out of order for the moment and not accessible. 

before it becomes out of order in order to not stop the activity I decided to develop a new site under 1.7 and under a new domain name www.leveritablekoudou.fr.

Now as the the original site is not working I need to finish the new site and then creating a redirection

I think that your proposal doesn't answer completly my issu or perhaps I don't enough understood your proposal 

regards 

Hi every body

Finaly I decided to buy a module to do the transfert "Prestashop Upgrade and Migrate tool"

I Install it on my new shop --> No issue

I also need to install a bridge in my previous shop and I 'm face an issue

The installation is OK but after I m not able to acces the module due to the fact that I got a error message once I change module categories (see attache image)

If I clic on Ok je comprend les risques, the parameter I chose inside the menu are reseted

Do you have an idea to solve the problem?

regards

Cédric

Capture d’écran 2021-09-17 à 07.45.05.png

Capture d’écran 2021-09-17 à 07.46.04.png

13 hours ago, Cedric38 said:

Hi every body

Finaly I decided to buy a module to do the transfert "Prestashop Upgrade and Migrate tool"

I Install it on my new shop --> No issue

I also need to install a bridge in my previous shop and I 'm face an issue

The installation is OK but after I m not able to acces the module due to the fact that I got a error message once I change module categories (see attache image)

If I clic on Ok je comprend les risques, the parameter I chose inside the menu are reseted

Do you have an idea to solve the problem?

regards

Cédric

Capture d’écran 2021-09-17 à 07.45.05.png

Capture d’écran 2021-09-17 à 07.46.04.png

You have most probably 3 months support after buying a module. Best thing is to send an email to them.

9 hours ago, Cedric38 said:

Hi 

thank you for your feedback. I will check if I can get a support from them.

By the way the error message that I get is not only for the module but it appear each time I want to change module categorie. Very strange!!

If you fail with support. Send me private after weekend. I will help you out with the module I'm using for the client.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2021 at 11:28 PM, Crezzur said:

One of the ways is to upgrade your store to PS version 1.6.1.24 and then activate PHP version 7.1.  Once you have done this, upgrade your store to Prestashop version 1.7.4.4 after this update you also update your PHP version to version 7.3 and now update your store to the latest prestashop version (1.7.7.8 at the moment)

This is all possible with the Prestashop one click upgrader.  However, sometimes you need to make some additional changes to our change of a specific code.

Sorry I kidnap that thread, but I'm running PS 1.6.1.24 and PHP version 7.4.25. Can I upgrade my shop to 1.7 as you describe?

5 hours ago, lasseboy said:

Sorry I kidnap that thread, but I'm running PS 1.6.1.24 and PHP version 7.4.25. Can I upgrade my shop to 1.7 as you describe?

No you cannot, you will need to downgrade your PHP to 7.1 first, update to a PS version 1.7 which support PHP 7.1 and then upgrade your Prestashop to the latest version.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2021 at 3:47 PM, lexpat said:

I plan to migrate to 1.7.4.4 and PHP 7.3

This is a very old version, why do you want to use it? It won't be compatible with PHP 7.3, maximum 7.2

On 12/9/2021 at 3:47 PM, lexpat said:

hould I change my theme before or after the migration

Old 1.6 Themes will definintly not work on 1.7. so I guess you will get classic theme first and can then install any other