update to 1.7.7 or I must wait ?

ChOmar

3 hours ago, ChOmar said:

Is it easy to update knowing I have many modules?
and why I should update?

Hi, make a copy of your production shop, in a subdomain.  Then perform upgrade to ensure it goes smoothly.  There is a process for upgrade, create test, perform upgrade, then move production to another subdomain, move your new upgraded shop to your domain, import orders customers and any other changes into your new production system.  

you will learn a lot using this process and make you a better shop admin in the future.

Here is PS guide on upgrade process, it may differ somewhat from above but our agency has a lot of upgrade experience.

https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/keeping-up-to-date/upgrade/

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, El Patron said:

Hi, make a copy of your production shop, in a subdomain.  Then perform upgrade to ensure it goes smoothly.  There is a process for upgrade, create test, perform upgrade, then move production to another subdomain, move your new upgraded shop to your domain, import orders customers and any other changes into your new production system.  

you will learn a lot using this process and make you a better shop admin in the future.

Here is PS guide on upgrade process, it may differ somewhat from above but our agency has a lot of upgrade experience.

https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/keeping-up-to-date/upgrade/

Thanks man, which one better 1.7.7 or 1.7.7.5?
and all module works in this version?

2 minutes ago, ChOmar said:

Thanks man, which one better 1.7.7 or 1.7.7.5?
and all module works in this version?

Hi, before upgrading, make a list of all 3rd party modules...then check from where you got them if compliant with the later version of php that 1.7 runs on.  

for the most part I would think they will be fine for 1.7.7 but it's down to PHP level...you will want to run the highest php level supported by 1.7.7...

• Like 1

thanks 😃

7 minutes ago, El Patron said:

1.7.7 but it's down to PHP level

I think it's not down, php level in 1.7.5 is 7.1 or later and php level in 1.7.7 is 7.3?

4 hours ago, ChOmar said:

and why I should update?

Please tell me I must upgrade or stay with my version if it's fine?

20 minutes ago, Crezzur said:

all our regular customers are running on the latest versions.  We help them with the updates so that they don't have to spend time on this themselves.  We have been using this update strategy since 2013

Thank you for your good words 😃

one more question 

Why in detail Ja MarketPlace I bought, for example, the latest version is 1.7.5?
I have to buy it again or what?

Opera Instantané_2021-09-14_153042_addons.prestashop.com.png

Edited by ChOmar (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

You have chosen to use version 1.7 of Prestashop.

This version has been under development for more than 5 years and is still not stable with many bugs which obliges you to absolutely always update to correct these bugs.

Nevertheless, by monitoring potential security flaws, quite rare on Prestashop you should not have any security obligation to update your version of PrestaShop, so if your store works exactly as you want, do not rush and always test on a development version of your store.

Regarding the opinions on PHP updates, frankly, the only real advantage of upgrading is to enjoy better performance and not Prestashop sites running on PHP 5.6 will not suffer any mass flame thrower attack as some providers are ready to announce to play fear. No PHP 7.1 will not ruin your career by allowing the plundering of your customers' data.

Let us recall that the cost of updating a prestashop is not 50€ even for a minor version since it is necessary to test everything before doing anything and thus time has a certain cost and for a merchant it is even more important because it has difficulty in understanding that this time lost for the sale or the delivery is really a gain on the long term.

• Like 2