After upgrade cannot access order details or product details

Hello,

I upgraded to 1.7.7.7 - php 7.2.34 - clear cache

When I want to edit order details in BO I get error 500. The same when editing products.

Debug mode is ON and usually there is red symfony error with details which module, function...etc, causes the problem.

But not this time, there is no other detail error, just plain error 500 :(

Where should I look now, what do you suggest?

Thanks for your time.

3 hours ago, zplus2 said:

Hello,

I upgraded to 1.7.7.7 - php 7.2.34 - clear cache

When I want to edit order details in BO I get error 500. The same when editing products.

Debug mode is ON and usually there is red symfony error with details which module, function...etc, causes the problem.

But not this time, there is no other detail error, just plain error 500 :(

Where should I look now, what do you suggest?

Thanks for your time.

Are you sure that debug mode is on and that it hasn't been switched off in the upgrade process?

Even when you see a 500 error the error itself should still be visible in the server's error log.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

Are you sure that debug mode is on and that it hasn't been switched off in the upgrade process?

Even when you see a 500 error the error itself should still be visible in the server's error log.

Yes, debug mode is 100% on, I can see the symfony debug bar on the bottom of the admin page and (lady)bug on top.

I am gonna look at those server logs and hopefully find there something.

Server logs have actually helped me. Yay!

The problem is PS 1.7.7.7 and PHP 7.2 because this version of PHP (and older) use different version of extension intl.so. This extension is used for translation. When I try to edit orders or products, presta tries to select language and fails, result is error.

I switched for PHP 7.3 and it works.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, zplus2 said:

Server logs have actually helped me. Yay!

The problem is PS 1.7.7.7 and PHP 7.2 because this version of PHP (and older) use different version of extension intl.so. This extension is used for translation. When I try to edit orders or products, presta tries to select language and fails, result is error.

I switched for PHP 7.3 and it works.

Interesting. According to PS documentation it should work with PHP 7.2. What error message did you find?

39 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

Interesting. According to PS documentation it should work with PHP 7.2. What error message did you find?

I asked my hosting provider for help with logs, because I am not familiar with server settings/errors and they are very nice, prompt and helpful, so why not? That was their answer and I think it might have sense.

This may cause an issue to anybody with PS 1.7.7.7 and PHP 7.2 and other language(s) installed.

I am sorry, I currently do not have a test website and cannot reproduce the error (and solution) again, to confirm it for sure. I can only say that switching to PHP 7.3 definitely helped me now.

On 9/13/2021 at 8:27 PM, zplus2 said:

I asked my hosting provider for help with logs, because I am not familiar with server settings/errors and they are very nice, prompt and helpful, so why not? That was their answer and I think it might have sense.

This may cause an issue to anybody with PS 1.7.7.7 and PHP 7.2 and other language(s) installed.

I am sorry, I currently do not have a test website and cannot reproduce the error (and solution) again, to confirm it for sure. I can only say that switching to PHP 7.3 definitely helped me now.

Great.