Prestashop 1.7.7.6 Install Problem

I currently use PS 1.6 and am installing PS 1.7 to test and develop a replacement for our existing 1.6.

My test site domain is running PHP 7.3 as recommended and the install goes well right up to the very end.  I deleted /install like recommended and then clicked on "Manage your store" button to get into the Admin area.  The login seems to go fine but then gives me the attached page.  I'm thinking it as to do with the new site being turned off. I have been unable to set Admin to know my development URL.

How can I get past this stumbling block?

PHP Problem-3.JPG

On 8/18/2021 at 8:16 PM, Joe Germann said:

Does anybody have any clues why we can not log into the back end right after a clean installation?

Please change php version. Few week ago, I saw a user has problem. Change his php version and php session save url path from php settings.

Then his issue resolved 

Thank you

On 8/19/2021 at 10:32 AM, SmartDataSoft said:

Please change php version. Few week ago, I saw a user has problem. Change his php version and php session save url path from php settings.

Then his issue resolved 

Thank you

I've am using PHP 7.3 as they advise but have also tried 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 and even 7.4.  Still no go.

23 hours ago, Joe Germann said:

I've looked everything over and tried so much.  Nothing is working.  I've since reached out to Prestashop in France and am awaiting a response.

I've tried everything.  Most of those suggestions were 1.6 based.  I'm trying to install 1.7.7.7 and I am expecting some differences but mostly the same too.

Thanks,

Joe

25 minutes ago, Joe Germann said:

I've tried everything.  Most of those suggestions were 1.6 based.  I'm trying to install 1.7.7.7 and I am expecting some differences but mostly the same too.

Thanks,

Joe

You can check your session storage path is working on not. you can follow our this article https://classydevs.com/guide-how-can-we-fix-error-500-in-prestashop/ to enable debug mode and post the debug error if their is any, then we can guide you more specifically.

Normally php settings area session path location set /tmp solve many user's admin problem.

Thank you

23 hours ago, SmartDataSoft said:

You can check your session storage path is working on not. you can follow our this article https://classydevs.com/guide-how-can-we-fix-error-500-in-prestashop/ to enable debug mode and post the debug error if their is any, then we can guide you more specifically.

Normally php settings area session path location set /tmp solve many user's admin problem.

Thank you

Thanks so much.  I've read through your article but I am not seeing any 500 errors.  I just get the Penguin page after I complete admin login.  I never get to the actual back end at all. I am running on A2 Hosting, PHP 7.3, cpanel.

Thank you,

Joe

Install Login Problem.JPG

Debug is now ON (true)

PHP 7.2 did not allow the login page.  I think 1.7.7.7 may be  restricted to 7.3

PHP 7.3 dumps the attached info (for some strange reason I can not attach the jpg capture)

Woops, looks like something went wrong.

(1/1) OutofMemoryException

Error: memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1675264 bytes)

in MergedExtensionConfigurationPass.php  line16

38 minutes ago, SmartDataSoft said:

Please in crease the memory limit from php setting. Hope it will solved 

Thank you

I set PHP memory limit under cpanel to -1 (limitless). It had been set to 30M.   I know of no other places to change PHP memory limits unless it is buried within PS stuff.

The error script does not show up, but it is stuck at the Penguin, not into Admin.

I set it to 512M.  Still no go on anything.  Quite baffling.

The store is up on the web and it looks good.  I just can't get into the Admin area.

I've tried reaching out to Prestashop directly but they require $$ before they will talk to you.  I understand it, the basic software is free and they do need to make a living. I'm thinking I'll just have to purchase one of their support plans.

Any other/more suggestions ?

Thanks,

Joe

16 minutes ago, Joe Germann said:

I set it to 512M.  Still no go on anything.  Quite baffling.

The store is up on the web and it looks good.  I just can't get into the Admin area.

I've tried reaching out to Prestashop directly but they require $$ before they will talk to you.  I understand it, the basic software is free and they do need to make a living. I'm thinking I'll just have to purchase one of their support plans.

Any other/more suggestions ?

Thanks,

Joe

If you send me your site access and ftp ,and feel secure. I will personally check the issue for you. Send them in Pm 

Thank you

Just for info I am running PS v1.7.7.7 on A2Hosting

Mine works OK using

memory_limit = 512MB

PHP v7.3

Try to get out of debug manually, access config/defines.inc.php and change (somewhere about line 28)

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

change it to:

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

On 9/3/2021 at 12:08 PM, gray said:

Just for info I am running PS v1.7.7.7 on A2Hosting

Mine works OK using

memory_limit = 512MB

PHP v7.3

Try to get out of debug manually, access config/defines.inc.php and change (somewhere about line 28)

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

change it to:

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

I'm running the exact same thing on A2.  I'll be digging into this deeper this weekend.

Thanks,

Joe