Order mail alerts not received with PS 1.7.7.1

On a site which was in PS 1.6.6 and which has now switched to PS 1.7.7.1, the owner of the site notes that when placing an order, she does not receive any alert message. Site hosted by OVH.

I have checked the settings and it seems correct to me.

However in the previous version of PS one PHP mode to send messages whereas now it is completely different. See attached file.

Could the problem be with the new protocol used for sending messages?

Otherwise, how to use (configure) the sending of messages using SMTP?

Thanks for your help.2021-07-08_19h50_26.thumb.png.f728996daa5fb004c76dde52d29cdd32.png

First i thank you for your reply.

Yes i checked the sending from the Email module and it works. As said by the site owner only the order alerts are not received.

I've put my own email and i received an alert as an order has been made. I received only one mail whereas several ordres have been passed since i put my own email address.

Also:  i also stated in the log the following message (which appears several times):

"*ERROR*     v1.7.7.1    2021/07/07 - 12:26:13: Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1203] User xxxxxxxxxx already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections at line 136 in file classes/db/DbPDO.php"

Could this be a cause of error?

Sorry for my english...

Best regards

7 minutes ago, chti56 said:

First i thank you for your reply.

Yes i checked the sending from the Email module and it works. As said by the site owner only the order alerts are not received.

I've put my own email and i received an alert as an order has been made. I received only one mail whereas several ordres have been passed since i put my own email address.

Also:  i also stated in the log the following message (which appears several times):

"*ERROR*     v1.7.7.1    2021/07/07 - 12:26:13: Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1203] User xxxxxxxxxx already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections at line 136 in file classes/db/DbPDO.php"

Could this be a cause of error?

Sorry for my english...

Best regards

About the error can you check the SQL max connections? (Default it should be  afbeelding.png.1e7df259ad687854470234508c9e5c52.png

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'max_connections';

More information about this subject can be found here:

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/server-system-variables.html#sysvar_max_connections

How can i reinstall it  ?

From the link i see two files. I've tried to install the first one (source code.zip) on a local copy of the customer site but i get an error doing that.. I'm afraid that it is not the right file to be installed...

1 minute ago, chti56 said:

How can i reinstall it  ?

From the link i see two files. I've tried to install the first one (source code.zip) on a local copy of the customer site but i get an error doing that.. I'm afraid that it is not the right file to be installed...

I have added the module as attachment to this message.

ps_emailalerts.zip

Many thanks for your help.

With your file i've been able to reinstall th module on my local host.

I'll do the same on the customer site in the evening as it is online for now..

I'll tell you the result very quickly.

Best regards

2 minutes ago, chti56 said:

Many thanks for your help.

With your file i've been able to reinstall th module on my local host.

I'll do the same on the customer site in the evening as it is online for now..

I'll tell you the result very quickly.

Best regards

No problem 👍

Hello,

Since I reinstalled the Alert module last night, I have received an email for each order placed. My email is not a Gmail one.
However, the owner of the site has not received any email. The difference is that her address is a Gmail address. this is not the case for me.
I suspect there is a problem sending to Gmail addresses.

I'll check with my own Gmail address..

Rgds

Edited by chti56 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, chti56 said:

An order has just been placed and I received an alert message in my box which is not in Gmail.

On the other hand nothing received in my other box which is in Gmail.

Strange...

You use gmail smtp settings? our you change only the email in the mail alert module?

Also,

As i re-installed the Alert Module it has been installed in the        modules/ps_emailalerts/mails/en directory (13 files).

As my site is in French nothing has been changed in the  modules/ps_emailalerts/mails/fr directory (12 files).

Is it 'normal' or is there someting to do ?

Rgds

1 minute ago, chti56 said:

Also,

As i re-installed the Alert Module it has been installed in the        modules/ps_emailalerts/mails/en directory (13 files).

As my site is in French nothing has been changed in the  modules/ps_emailalerts/mails/fr directory (12 files).

Is it 'normal' or is there someting to do ?

Rgds

Thats normal in the /en/ folder the index.php is added, this is nothing special so you can ignore it.

• 1 year later...