prestashop.on is not a function

One of my modules is not working correctly and the developer says the reason is this error:

Uncaught TypeError: prestashop.on is not a function
at HTMLDocument.initTrackingEvents ((index):6125)

Anyone know how to solve this error?

prestashop on error.png

Edited by gstar (see edit history)

We will need more information in order to help you.

I am guessing its a javascript/jquery error based on the .on selector, but like i said you need to provide more information. Maybe the page which is not working if it is on your front office?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gstar said:

One of my modules is not working correctly and the developer says the reason is this error:

Which one?

What PS version, new install?

Give more information in regards, if you have newly installed, made an update, all that has an influence. If your site ist hosted on a shared server and they update their php versions stuff can cause malfunctions.

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickz said:

Which one?

Premium Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce

1 hour ago, Nickz said:

What PS version, new install?

I am using version 1.7.6.5.

Site was on cloudflare, I removed it.

Had a cache plugin, I removed it.

If I disable Smart cache CSS & JS the error disappears but the developer says it should work with Smart cache.

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, D.EINS said:

after OP tried to provide all information you asked for, I guess?

He said:

if I disable Smart cache CSS & JS the error disappears.

So what is your issue, Are you on 1.6 or 1.7?

Il y a 7 heures, D.EINS a dit :

Nice, love this forum for complete threads and all the helpfull answers! So nobody were able to solve this issue, after OP tried to provide all information you asked for, I guess?

In the same way, if you need help with your site, you need to give access to your site, as with the URL, this information can't be secret on the Internet, so it's not hard to give it away.

This is the first piece of information you need to communicate, and I swear that having to ask for this kind of thing every time doesn't motivate you to respond to these requests.

• Thanks 1

Am 3.2.2024 um 12:59 AM schrieb Mediacom87:

In the same way, if you need help with your site, you need to give access to your site, as with the URL, this information can't be secret on the Internet, so it's not hard to give it away.

This is the first piece of information you need to communicate, and I swear that having to ask for this kind of thing every time doesn't motivate you to respond to these requests.

I see it differently. What happens if the shop is in maintenance mode and access by third parties is not contractually permitted? Then your request for the website no longer works.

With the JS-error in particular, you could have quickly realised that it was related to the core.js and the classic theme - that was the error for me: Core.js and classic theme pulled from a fresh installation and replaced on the server.

Thanks!!

il y a 44 minutes, D.EINS a dit :

I see it differently. What happens if the shop is in maintenance mode and access by third parties is not contractually permitted? Then your request for the website no longer works.

With the JS-error in particular, you could have quickly realised that it was related to the core.js and the classic theme - that was the error for me: Core.js and classic theme pulled from a fresh installation and replaced on the server.

Thanks!!

Thank you for your analysis and your indignation, certainly it will be beneficial during your interventions to help on the thousands of Topic without answers.