Alias domain without multistore

martin.c80

to aaa.com I want to create an alias of the bbb.com domain, not a redirect. And I don't want to have multistore enabled. The content on both sites will be identical. I was told that it is not enough to set up a domain alias with the provider. 
Is it necessary to modify prestashop to make it work like this? (PS 1.7)

Thanks

3 hours ago, martin.c80 said:

to aaa.com I want to create an alias of the bbb.com domain, not a redirect. And I don't want to have multistore enabled. The content on both sites will be identical. I was told that it is not enough to set up a domain alias with the provider. 
Is it necessary to modify prestashop to make it work like this? (PS 1.7)

Thanks

Hi, PS will switch the alias to the main domain you aliased to.

We wrote our own MS module that does what you want, i.e. present multiple domains on one PS installation.

https://prestashopaddons.prestaheroes.com/en-us/modules/prestashop-17/prestashop-multistore-multishop-pro

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 5:45 PM, El Patron said:

Hi, PS will switch the alias to the main domain you aliased to.

We wrote our own MS module that does what you want, i.e. present multiple domains on one PS installation.

https://prestashopaddons.prestaheroes.com/en-us/modules/prestashop-17/prestashop-multistore-multishop-pro

Hi, is there any way to see how does it work? Do you have any demo? I would like to try before. Thanks.

On 7/12/2021 at 4:34 PM, martin.c80 said:

Hi, is there any way to see how does it work? Do you have any demo? I would like to try before. Thanks.

@razaro can help you with this via PM, he is my technical lead for PH module eco.  We used to have demo, I wrote the original code like 10 years ago and the team kept it current.  I'm just eye candy.  Note:  native ps ms can accomplish this and has a lot of features by shop, where our module allows only key shop configuration datas but shares all modules/products/cats/front end content across all domain names you add.  Anyway Laza (razaro) can help you.  

• Like 1