From scratch V1.7.7.5 75% and stop

Hi,

I try to install PrestaShop V1.7.7.5 from scratch. Empty shop. However, after 75% under "Install Addons modules" error message and stop. The message:

"1: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT t0.id_tab AS id_tab_1, t0.id_parent AS id_parent_2, t0.position AS position_3, t0.module AS module_4, t0.class_name AS class_name_5, t0.route_name AS route_name_6, t0.active AS active_7, t0.enabled AS enabled_8, t0.hide_host_mode AS hide_host_mode_9, t0.icon AS icon_10 FROM ps_tab t0 WHERE t0.class_name = ? LIMIT 1' with params ["AdminGamification"]: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away"

Please, help.

2021-06-20_173829.png

30 minutes ago, leonidnk said:

I try to install PrestaShop V1.7.7.5 from scratch.

On what have you installed PS?

On your PC, than which OS?

OR a server, shared, VPS, Dedicated, which OS, PHP Versions mysql Version.

All dependencies are satisfied?

Edited by Nickz (see edit history)

On server. Server provider .inmotionhosting.com. Shared.

Database server
Server: Localhost via UNIX socket

Web server
cpsrvd 11.94.0.10
Database client version: libmysql - 5.6.43
PHP extension: mysqliDocumentation curlDocumentation mbstringDocumentation
PHP version: 7.3.27

4 minutes ago, jose antonio gonzalez said:

In line 47 I change it to this after updating because it gives me a 500 error.

Thanks. However, I cannot see any "500 error" in my error message:

"1: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT t0.id_tab AS id_tab_1, t0.id_parent AS id_parent_2, t0.position AS position_3, t0.module AS module_4, t0.class_name AS class_name_5, t0.route_name AS route_name_6, t0.active AS active_7, t0.enabled AS enabled_8, t0.hide_host_mode AS hide_host_mode_9, t0.icon AS icon_10 FROM ps_tab t0 WHERE t0.class_name = ? LIMIT 1' with params ["AdminGamification"]: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away"

10 minutes ago, leonidnk said:

Hi,

Is it possible to install PrestaShop V1.7.7.5 on InMotion Hosting (https://www.inmotionhosting.com/) as shared server?;

Possible are many things. good definitely it is not. Look at PS resource sheet and you know.

Think a little ahead: Shared server costs you as much as a reasonable VPS. Reasonable VPS are 4 to 8 GB RAM and 100 to 200 mbit/s all you need is an open mind a follow instructions. Or pay someone to set it up for you.

3 minutes ago, Nickz said:

Think a little ahead: Shared server costs you as much as a reasonable VPS. Reasonable VPS are 4 to 8 GB RAM and 100 to 200 mbit/s all you need is an open mind a follow instructions. Or pay someone to set it up for you.

Shared Hosting Cost effective, fast, and reliable for small businesses Starting at: $2.49/mo; VPS Hosting For high traffic sites, larger businesses and resellers Starting at: $17.99/mo Quite a big difference.

28 minutes ago, leonidnk said:

Shared Hosting Cost effective, fast, and reliable for small businesses Starting at: $2.49/mo; VPS Hosting For high traffic sites, larger businesses and resellers Starting at: $17.99/mo Quite a big difference.

You shop in the wrong places.  A VPS mentioned by me could cost you as little as $80 per year. 

Immohosting is 1 dollar less than the 6.99 contabo charges. What you get is the biggest difference. Shared server is quite dangerous in cases with bad neighborhood. Hell I have seen Staff placing Links into Websites. Making an extra buck. But the main reason being you share your IP with 1000 or more others plus shared resources. Another issue is the forced updates. A shared server moves with time to higher php versions and that creates pressure on you. 

I could not find a 2.49 month price at immohosting.

You want to conquer the world with a shared hosting on the cheapest level? Well be my guest.

What I propose is a middle class VPS, upgradeable where you are the owner of PHP version, you get an IP for you. 

4 minutes ago, leonidnk said:

I am on InMotion Hosting since 2009, since PrestaShop 1.2.

Well good luck with them.

In my eyes it is best for a beginning shop with great planes to be independent. Thus minimizing impacts of third party issues. Shared hosting is more easygoing as long as everything works. Once they up the PHP levels you will be reminded of our conversation.