Prestashop 1.7 Mollie module sends spam

Hello,

We have PS 1.7.6 store operating in netherlands with Mollie as main payment method. We use the official payment module downloaded from github.

The problem with module is, that with it enabled it sends SPAM to customers. See attached image. 

It happens only with module enabled. In addition to that, the logs show that it is Mollie script that is used to send spam.

At first I thought its a hosting or store issue, but after moving to another hosting the issue persists, therefore it's 100% caused by the module.

The logs are showing the following script is sending spam (only with mollie enabled):

/home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.tld/public_html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/SimpleMailInvoker.php:34

The thing all those accounts have in common is that they all use "google" as the company name. How do we fix this?

mollie-spam.png

On 6/14/2021 at 8:31 AM, Jurist said:

Hello,

We have PS 1.7.6 store operating in netherlands with Mollie as main payment method. We use the official payment module downloaded from github.

The problem with module is, that with it enabled it sends SPAM to customers. See attached image. 

It happens only with module enabled. In addition to that, the logs show that it is Mollie script that is used to send spam.

At first I thought its a hosting or store issue, but after moving to another hosting the issue persists, therefore it's 100% caused by the module.

The logs are showing the following script is sending spam (only with mollie enabled):

/home/mydomain/domains/mydomain.tld/public_html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/SimpleMailInvoker.php:34

The thing all those accounts have in common is that they all use "google" as the company name. How do we fix this?

mollie-spam.png

Did you ask Mollie? 

Swiftmailer is just the mailprogram in Prestashop. What is interesting is which file is sending the command to Swiftmailer. 

Try to find out what is exactly happening. What is the content of the mails? Is that stored in some file on your system? To whom is mail sent: your customers or people you don't know? Do you think think it is some outsider who has access or is it some virus spreading itself?

I mean, with Mollie module enabled, those bots are creating accounts, sometimes hundreds per hour.

When new account is created, the customer received an email confirming that, and that's the spam I am talking about.

The problem we have now, is that only with Mollie enabled, those bots are creating new accounts.

If we are unable to find solution to that, I will just add an override, blocking new account creation if company of the new account is 'google'

Thank you for your effort @musicmaster, however looks like you didn't understand what the problem is.

With mollie module enabled, bots were creating accounts in our store (which was triggering new account emails).

We have decided to make around to that and edited CustomerPersister.php so it blocks account from being created if the account has the characteristics of account being created by bot.

Thanks