Looking for a Solution on excluding certain products if a specific other product is already in the cart

Hello there,

we are using prestashop for almost 2 years now and we come across a little bit of an "interesting" problem.

We sell folders of subject rules in our shop which get updated now and then. These updates usually don't contain the full folder but a number of chapters within, which we also sell as a seperate product.

Is it somehow possible to prevent people to put in the full folder (which contains the updated chapters) and the individual chapter (seperate product) into their carts?

Example:

Product A (full folder)

Product B (individual Chapter update)

If Product A is in cart then Product B cannot be put into the cart. Preferably with a popup of some sort that tells the customer, that tells him/her, why he can't place the product in the cart.

If Product B is in cart and the customer wants to put in Product A, then Product B will be removed, as it is no longer needed. Preferably with a popup of some sort that tells the customer, why Product B has been removed.

We often have people purchasing both products, leading to massive inconvinience to cancel the orders to correct them.

Looking forward to your response.

IFBS

22 hours ago, IFBS said:

Thank you aestuar
I will look into this one. :)

I wrote a email to the developer but no answer yet. I think the module is not up to date. Reviews etc are from 2019. 

But it sounds like the perfect modul for our cases. 😕

• 2 years later...