Required address field per country

Inform-All

As the title states, currently it is not possible to set a required field for a specific country.
If you go to Locations > Countries and select a country, it clearly states "Required fields for the address (click for more details):".
Even though this is not the case, this only changes the address format for that country.

I know you can set required address field in the backoffice at "Customers > Addresses" but this sets the required fields for ALL countries.

So my question is, how come this was a feature in PS1.6 but simply not working in PS1.7 anymore?

• 1 year later...
On 6/3/2021 at 4:30 PM, Inform-All said:

As the title states, currently it is not possible to set a required field for a specific country.
If you go to Locations > Countries and select a country, it clearly states "Required fields for the address (click for more details):".
Even though this is not the case, this only changes the address format for that country.

I know you can set required address field in the backoffice at "Customers > Addresses" but this sets the required fields for ALL countries.

So my question is, how come this was a feature in PS1.6 but simply not working in PS1.7 anymore?

Hello, did you find a solution to your problem? I'm facing the same issue. I am looking for a solution to have different fields per country.

1 hour ago, Talas said:

Hello, did you find a solution to your problem? I'm facing the same issue. I am looking for a solution to have different fields per country.

I've created a custom module for my customer. And my customer does not want to share this module.

I'm sorry.