Customer Login (FrontEnd) produces a 404 not found error.

When a customer comes to my site and tries to login, they get a blank white page this error:

{"error":true,"message":"404 not found!"}

This error only exists if they try and log into an existing account. I believe if they create a new account, its now shown. The back-end or admin login page works fine, so does the rest of the store, its only the customer login area in the front of the store. The login page can be found here: https://www.vetmax.com/en/login?back=my-account

How can I diagnose this to find and fix this issue? I feel it could be costing me repeat business.

Hi when I try to view your shop I get 403 forbidden.  You have native geo location enabled so if originating country not  allowed or IP does not resolve (the free maxmind is not very accurate) your shop will deny either 1) a 403 forbidden or 2) show shop but disallow shopping.  I recommend turning this off unless, else you will never know who is blocked and they could be valid customers.

without access I cannot say what issue is but this link might be useful.

https://www.prestashop.com/en/blog/404-not-found-error-how-to-fix-it

this is what I see when I try to access, i.e. as described above

image.thumb.png.a50a6c02d3f59ddf8865f3fedfd41464.png

My site is at inMotion Hosting and I found this article from inMotion hosting: INMotion Support talking about .htaccess modrewrite rule set to off, but my .htaccess is set to on.  Lots of directives in my .hatccess. Again my .htaccess has this: RewriteEngine on

Then I found this post written in 2013: Customer Account Login Error I tried this:

Also, make sure that you have a backup of your SQL database and PrestaShop files. Then go to Preferences>SEO and URL's and turn friendly URL off>save>turn friendly URL back on>save then clear the browser cache and try again.

Also tried this:

Disable apache multiviews

That didn't help either. Based upon all this data I assume it has to be related to mod rewrite, .htaccess and friendly URL's but this is just outside my area of expertise.

Last, I turned on debugging in admin panel and now get these errors on all Prestashop pages (not just account login). May or may not be related.

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /MYROOT/public_html/src/Adapter/EntityMapper.php on line 99

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /MYROOT/public_html/src/Adapter/EntityMapper.php on line 99

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /MYROOT/public_html/classes/module/Module.php on line 343

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /MYROOT/public_html/classes/module/Module.php on line 343

{"error":true,"message":"404 not found!"}

Anyone else have any suggestions? I can't be the only one who has has this problem.

14 minutes ago, El Patron said:

Hi when I try to view your shop I get 403 forbidden.  You have native geo location enabled so if originating country not  allowed or IP does not resolve (the free maxmind is not very accurate) your shop will deny either 1) a 403 forbidden or 2) show shop but disallow shopping.  I recommend turning this off unless, else you will never know who is blocked and they could be valid customers.

without access I cannot say what issue is but this link might be useful.

https://www.prestashop.com/en/blog/404-not-found-error-how-to-fix-it

this is what I see when I try to access, i.e. as described above

image.thumb.png.a50a6c02d3f59ddf8865f3fedfd41464.png

I have disabled> Geolocation by IP address set to no for access.

As for debugging, I found another post on this error

eprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /MYROOT/public_html/src/Adapter/EntityMapper.php on line 99

suggesting lowering the PHP. I lowered from PHP v7.4 to v7.3 and that error went away. So it seems as if lowering to PHP v7.3 was good for my site.

Still cannot login to customer login form.

7 hours ago, El Patron said:

what is your PS version?  

here is link to PS version and php levels.  

https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/

PrestaShop v1.7.7.4
Server software version: Apache 2.4
PHP version: 7.3.28
Memory limit: 512M
Max execution time: 30
Upload Max File size: 128M
MySQL version: 10.2.38-MariaDB

Tried to upload the script from GitHub to verify Prestashop requirements, but after entering prestashop as username and password, it would not allow me to login, kept resetting over and over. Then the page would go white page with a 401 Unauthorized error. It tried changing permissions to 755 for the Github script still would not run the PHP script from my public_html folder.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...