Prestashop is splitting orders using deleted delivery addresses?

FuzzySlug

Hello,

I am currently using Prestashop 1.7.6.7 and have been struggling with an order occasionally splitting for some unknown reason about once every two weeks. We have not been able to conclude what causes this issue, and we've searched almost every Prestashop article regarding split orders with no solution. We only have 1 warehouse, no advanced stocking enabled, and all of our products have no specific carriers assigned to them. We offer a variety of carriers in our back office that become available to our customers during checkout based off of their delivery address location and that is where I notice issues arise.

Every split order we've received has the same invoice address, but one of the splits contains a different delivery addresses EVEN IF the customer only has 1 address in their customer information. I decided to track this down in the database and found out that the delivery address on one of the splits is an address that the customer had previously deleted. This is represented with a "1" under the "deleted" column in ps_address in the database.

I have no idea how this is even possible and appreciate anyones response in this matter.

Thanks, Andrew

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Msaustral said:

Hi we do have a customer with the same issue on PS 1.7.6.9

any idea??

Wish I did, we have been unable to reproduce the issue ourselves. We have no idea how customers are doing this and it's only happening around 4 times a month.

• 1 month later...

Hi, no there is no way to set not to auto-split order, but you should not allow to sell products without stock, if the stock is not important to you, you can disable stock manager and try again and see if is still splinting orders.

• 3 months later...

Any clue about this issue? today this happend's in my shop. 

• order split in two.
  • one deleted address for delivery

if i try duplicate the order with my test customer account every thing work perfectly but this is the third time i get this problem ramdonly

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

For me, it happened following a re-import of many addresses (deleting old addresses and adding new ones). Orders have duplicated in two others orders( first order with an address deleted and the second order with an address activated).

I managed to reproduce the problem by logging into a customer's account. The customer already had items in their cart when I logged in and I added another item after my logged in.

When I validated the order, this one is duplicated in two order:

• First order: with a deleted address and the items that were already in the customer's cart when I logged in
  • Second order: with a valid address and the item I added after my logged in

I think that prestashop has associated in the cache the articles already in the basket with the old address. Then the client disconnected. I delete the old address and create a new. When i logged in i add a new item, prestashop associated in cache this item with the new address. And after validation, order was split because old items is associated with old address and new item was associated whil new address.

I deleted my site's cache and will see if it reproduces in the days to come. If this is resolved I will come back to post on this topic.

Edited by toniniyo
correction of my english (see edit history)

EDIT :

Ok i find why prestashop split order.

Like i say above, when item is added to cart prestashop associated item with adress. The association is not in cache like i thinked but in table cart_product.

So if i take my exemple:

Customer add item A to cart and the id delivery address is 1. In table cart_product a line is added with id_product = A and id_adress_delivery = 1

After that the customer disconnect without validate order. After, the admin delete the address 1 and create adress 2 for this customer.

When customer log in again, he add a new item to cart (exemple item B). In table cart_product al ine is added with id_product = B and id_adress_delivery = 2

So when customer validate order, they are two line in car_product but with two different id_adress_delivery. So pretashop send the order in two others orders

Hope that can help someone

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 3:25 PM, toniniyo said:

EDIT :

Ok i find why prestashop split order.

Like i say above, when item is added to cart prestashop associated item with adress. The association is not in cache like i thinked but in table cart_product.

So if i take my exemple:

Customer add item A to cart and the id delivery address is 1. In table cart_product a line is added with id_product = A and id_adress_delivery = 1

After that the customer disconnect without validate order. After, the admin delete the address 1 and create adress 2 for this customer.

When customer log in again, he add a new item to cart (exemple item B). In table cart_product al ine is added with id_product = B and id_adress_delivery = 2

So when customer validate order, they are two line in car_product but with two different id_adress_delivery. So pretashop send the order in two others orders

Hope that can help someone

Hi! toniniyo

I have the same problem with one of my clients.
How did you solve the problem?