Need help to create PS 1.7.7.4 site without losing SEO on theme based PS 1.6

Hi all

I am not a developer,  hence i urgently need to setup a ps 1.7.7.4 site as my hosting company is ending support for php 7.2 and below.  As you know PS1.6 is not compatible with higher versions of php.

Hence i decided to recreate the site in rapid time but without the theme,  core PS 1.7.7.4 only. 

The new site will have a different shorter domain.  My fear is I'll lose all my SEO. The new site will be installed as a sub domain on the same servers. 

Can any of you guys help me and guide me during this process.  

My first question is,  can i use a different category structure,  will i lose SEO if i do?

Secondly,  the old site will no longer exist, so can't redirect for more than 1 month,  any recommendation?

Thirdly  new site is citi-led.co.uk,  old site is tradeledsignsupplies.co.uk  how will this affect seo

I'd like a good developer to come forward and get in touch to get this thing sorted for me. 

Many thanks

why are you not just doing an upgrade to 1.7?

to answer your question you will need to build rewrite(s) from old domain to new domain, the (s) part is if you change your shop links....

so if you can do 301 redirects from your current shop to new shop you will be 'ok'.

my advice is to contact a ps agency, like us....or other....they will sort you out before you blow everything up looool

17 hours ago, El Patron said:

why are you not just doing an upgrade to 1.7?

to answer your question you will need to build rewrite(s) from old domain to new domain, the (s) part is if you change your shop links....

so if you can do 301 redirects from your current shop to new shop you will be 'ok'.

my advice is to contact a ps agency, like us....or other....they will sort you out before you blow everything up looool

Hi

Thanks can you get in touch with me in on [email protected] 

Thanks