New Install, V1.7.7.4 or V1.7.5.2 not working, each with their own issue

Having trouble getting either newer version of Prestashop to load and function properly.

Version 1.7.5.2
Loaded it with no errors on the PHP check list, everything went smoothly.   Deleted the Install file and loaded up the back end and I could add categories and product, but when it comes to 'find a file' or 'add a file' the buttons didn't work.   I can't make any changes to the theme if they use a button to add banner, etc....    I've seen this problem in other folks installs but I haven't seen a fix yet.

Version 1.7.7.4
Loaded with no errors on the PHP check list, deleted the install folder.  Went to sign in and it takes the name and password, then just shrinks to showing the title of the website and hangs up there.  I've seen that error before too in the forums and a ton of fixes that sometimes work, but none worked for me.   Is there a fix for that one ?

I currently run an older version of prestashop and would love to upgrade to any of the new ones, but they all seem to have install issues.  

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks...

Matt

Tell us more details about your PHP version and ICU version. A higher ICU will help you.
If you don't have access to change ICU version, sometimes the constant INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46 needs to be converted to int type explicitly by intval() and this can help you. Check it in src/Core/Util/InternationalizedDomainNameConverter.php

Also you can try to install default with US and after, enable other countries.

Best regards,

Hi Matt,

I am having the exact same issue with 1.7.7.4. I have installed two or three times now, and I get the same issue every time. As it so happens I have an account with a different hosting provider, and just for sh*ts and giggles I tried to install there. And what would you know.. it worked first time.

so my first attempt was with inMotion hosting, in the US, If I look at their one click application installers I see that they only have prestashop 1.6 on offer. My different host (VDX in the Netherlands) offers 1.7.7.4 as a one click application (though I am not using the one click, I was just interested in what was on offer), also other small differences leads me to believe that VDX is more up-to-date than inMotion. So perhaps the issue lies with the hosting provider. I wish I could tell you what the solution is, but these are just my findings.

Regards,

Dave.

Edited by David S Johnston
language (see edit history)