Adding multiple IPs to maintenance mode exceptions not working

Higino

Hi everyone,

Firstly, let me apologize if I'm duplicating any old threads, but the truth is I spent a while looking around search results and found nothing regarding this problem.

I'm using Prestashop 1.7 and turned on maintenance mode and added my IP to the whitelist, which seems to work just fine.

However, I added additional IPs, separated by commas, but these IP bearers cannot access my website anyway. Here's what it looks like:

image.png.c7c31b48647ef48749c905a2ee6b0a9e.png

You can't see all of the IPs but you get the point. It's no rocket science, it should work the way It's written out, I suppose.

I did an experiment where I deleted the first IP and replaced it with one from a different machine, and that other machine was able to access the site, while my machine stopped having access.

This seems to suggest only the first IP is being considered. 

I'm using the Metro Market theme by Aeipix, if by chance that has any relevance.

Thanks!

EDIT SOLUTION: Guys, you can't have spaces after the commas. I hope this thread will help someone else, even though It's such a silly mistake, I spent 30min solving this.

Edited by Higino
figured it out (see edit history)

47 minutes ago, Romio735 said:

I also did the same.....not add any comma accidently and not add any other symbol but has the same problem remains.... why

Does the first IP work?

If so, It's likely a misplaced dot or comma somewhere, I recommend writing it from scratch.

If not, make sure you're putting in public IPs, not private ones. 

What's your Prestashop version, though? Some older versions have some bugs regarding IP blocking.