Can't access admin

biotex

Hi

I’ve just installed the latest version of Prestashop. No problems with the installation. I was able to access the admin login screen, and after making several changes, now I can't get back in.

I'm guessing it has to do with site certificate, but not sure.

I keep getting the 404 error, but my admin (yes I did rename it) folder and index.php code is definately present.

Wondering how to edit the login file to allow access. Please help. Not familiar with the HTTPS side of this.

Yes, I did enable SSL. I saw were others were having this same problem. I couldn't figure out how to resolve this, so I ended up reinstalling the shop. What a pain!
All I can figure is there is a bug in the module, but like I said, I don't know enough about it to really know.

At this point, I'm afraid to enable SSL again.

It is a bug of Prestashop 1.4.1
Read my ticket here : http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFI-1575
As explained, the temporary solution I found is to edit admin/login.php (easy editing)
In the ticket, I am also mentioning how to be able to get back in the admin if, unfortunately, you cannot see the admin page any more. You need to edit the tables directly using phpMyAdmin. (Or a similar program).
No need to be afraid. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
It is a bug of Prestashop 1.4.1

I contacted Servage.net (my current host) asking why the 'HTTPS' (HTTPS on the $_SERVER array) is empty and they responded that it is due to the cluster structure of their system. They cannot do anything about it. So this was actually ‘my’ problem not Prestashop’s ! I moved my website to another host (HostGator) and it works perfectly there.

• 2 weeks later...
can you explain what and how to do the phpMyAdmin please?

In the program phpMyAdmin, search for the table "ps_configuration".
To disable SSL, put the value '0' for the 'PS_SSL_ENABLED' field.
(I presume you have phpMyAdmin installed in the configuration panel of your hosting provider)