Stripe API Key Registering I have no options left so i post this here! Help!

I made a Stripe account  (A popular payment processor , sorta like paypal but not paypal!)

Everything works.(In April second week was working )

I install the module (free version).Stripe Official (SCA-ready)

I login to stripe and I setup the demo/test mode with the API keys and hit connect with stripe . it makes me go through a few pages when I connect through the module.

I am able to test with testable Credit cards and demo accounts all good(In April second week was working )

Then something changed in the few weeks  I am guessing with prestashops partners-subscribe.prestashop.com url or something.  We decided we are ready to try this live and enter the keys to make this go live! Hitting connect all was good until it stops at this error (I attached a screen shot)  

502 Server Error
https://partners-subscribe.prestashop.com/

Error: Server Error

The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.

Please try again in 30 seconds.

I have been trying for weeks.  Different web browsers operating systems . After I enter the API key(s)  it works fine as it goes to stripe but then stops at this error. and from the Stripe support chat everything is fine but then i get this error that Stripe support tells me I need to contact prestashop about.  Also have contacted the developer (who uses the name ) "PrestaShop Partners"

the response is "We have studied your ticket, and the message you sent us shows an error that depends on Prestashop and not our module. So I advise you to contact their support directly."

So both tell me to contact Prestashop

I tried the front page (clicking contact and sorcing the phone number) and eventually had time to called today (using the proper time zone that was open hours, I am in Canada Toronto area)

All I am told is that in order to help me I need to pay for a support ticket plan.  Really to tell them that something on there end is broken. (The lady asured me they would refund me back (Nope not playing that bad game)

I am not paying for a support plan for a issue that looks like its on prestashops side. i am just trying to let them know and the lady on the phone tells me that I need to pay to tell them there is a problem. Thats BS!  

Why does Prestashop not let me tell them there is a error on one of there URLs. with out paying for a support plan.  Why does this module require prestashop inbetween.  i get the feeling even the developer does not know that answer! 

I know it worked fine setting it to connect with API keys for the test/demo mode (seems to go the same process). I made no changes and now all of a sudden when I go to change to live  it dies at partners-subscribe.prestashop.com  (Note I am not able to do anything now. not able to put it back into test/demo)

I do my best to explain this to the module developer using the name "PrestaShop Partners"  and they tell me  "For the moment you can create an account Stripe directly from stripe.com and after you copy paste your API's from you account to our module Stripe. This is the only you need to use our module."  I explain best I can with this screen shot that this is what I have done and clearly its not that simple because of this extra part from partners-subscribe.prestashop.com 502 error. 

Why does partners-subscribe.prestashop.com  need to be involved in this ?  why is it not just a direct communication with stripe.

anyone find that seem a little odd??!

I grep the code for some answers
I find this

# date;grep -alir "partners-subscribe.prestashop.com";date
Tue 04 May 2021 01:35:07 PM EDT
web/var/cache/prod/smarty/compile/c7/30/3a/c7303a98eafa75c4f12ed5b3a499c4839f93f6d4_0.file.configuration.tpl.php
web/modules/stripe_official/views/templates/admin/_partials/configuration.tpl
Tue 04 May 2021 01:35:33 PM EDT
root@sxxxxx:/var/www/store.xxxxxxxxx.ca#

one part is the cache so i take a look

here is whats inside

# cat web/modules/stripe_official/views/templates/admin/_partials/configuration.tpl|grep -i -A4 -B4 "partners-subscribe.prestashop.com"
    <input type="hidden" name="order_status_select" value="{$orderStatusSelected|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">
    <div class="panel" id="fieldset_0">
        <div class="form-wrapper">
            <div class="form-group stripe-connection">
                {assign var='stripe_url' value='https://partners-subscribe.prestashop.com/stripe/connect.php?params[return_url]='}
                {{l s='[a @href1@]Create your Stripe account in 10 minutes[/a] and immediately start accepting card payments as well as local payment methods (no additional contract/merchant ID needed from your bank).' mod='stripe_official'}|stripelreplace:['@href1@' => {{$stripe_url|cat:$return_url|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}}, '@target@' => {'target="blank"'}]}<br>

<div class="connect_btn">
                    <a href="https://partners-subscribe.prestashop.com/stripe/connect.php?params[return_url]={$return_url|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" class="stripe-connect">
                        <span>{l s='Connect with Stripe' mod='stripe_official'}</span>
                    </a>
                </div>
            </div>

Maybe the API is not that hard to write and prestashop is trying to control it maybe i should write one.

Found more people with the problem ...  

I am going to attempt to speak with stripe again.

Sounds ridiculous that calling they they do not seem to want to make a effort. Like i am wasting there time or something. i am not able to register a free module. 

I get it  they want to make money but this is just bad especially when its pretty obvious its on there end.

Looks like my options are to pick a paied module by another developer named "Community developer"
Seems to have done all the Stripe modules.  Vague names seem to not make me feel so great. That and I have a theme that was a over priced shell and mainly you have to get into the code to make it work. felt ripped by that  and surprise was from developer named "Community developer".   Wanted to install it for me i made a demo site  separate forcing them to give the details on how to install it . in the end i think I just grepped the code and figured it out myself.

i get this gut feeling it  had some changes and someone forgot to do something. and well new api key registers suffer and  the lady said she would of had more them me complaining about it.  i am thinking if it works  and no new people are trying to register it and you make it basically impossible to contact support to let them know there is a problem (With out a support plan, Go look that up) i am not surprised I am the only one who has mentioned it to you.

The 500 error is regularly associated with errors in the code or file permissions..

I updated the screen shot (more cause I had all my bookmarks showing.  and to show there is really nothing to see from the error. Beyond that its on prestashops side.

Screenshot from 2021-05-04 23-28-05.png

Edited by Taleeia (see edit history)

• Taleeia changed the title to Stripe API Key Registering I have no options left so i post this here! Help!

i found that you can copy and paste the API's credentials in our module Then scroll down farther and there is a save button and this seems to work for me..

It took some  messaging to the point of harassing  to avoid paying for a support plan to get them to even acknowledge the problem but..

I am told from the developer "Thank you for contacting us, I will explain again. The problem comes from the prestashop url. It is prestashop who develops the url; this url is broken. So in this case we cannot fix it, it must be prestashop that must do it. We have already reported this problem to Prestashop, we are waiting for them to fix the problem."

fix.png

Save.png