Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in Prestashop 1.5.2

Hi all....

I use Prestashop 1.5.2 (I know it is old, I just haven't upgraded yet). I was having intermittent SSL issues with my website (front end and back office) so I contacted my hosting provider (Netfirms) and they said they made a few changes to permissions and PHP. They did not say specifically what the changes were, so I have no clue what they did exactly. The problems went away temporarily, but then came back. I contacted them again and not long after I re-engaged them, I started getting the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /hermes/bosnacweb05/bosnacweb05ae/b1493/nf.thinkhobbies/public_html/thinkhobbies.com/classes/db/DbPDO.php on line 61

This same error occurs at the front end of my website and the back office, so now I am completely down. Netfirms escalated the ticket I opened but are now saying that this is a code problem and I have to fix it. I fail to see how this is a code issue as I haven't modified any code or the config of my site in many months. I have pushed back and told them to fix it as their changes likely caused the current issue.

I have attached my DbPDO.php file. Line 61 references UTF-8 support which I don't know much about. Netfirms says that I am using PHP 5.3, but I don't know how to validate.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks, Dave

DbPDO.php

Hi all....

I decided to check the PHP file in question against the original source and found the difference. The hosting provider has confirmed that they accidentally edited this file when they were troubleshooting yesterday. The file has now been updated and I'm back up.

So all is good again. I probably should have done a diff on the two files earlier. Good lesson.

Thanks, Dave