[SOLVED] Css not working

Hello everyone, my css is not working on my website right now please someone help me, i think i messed it up.
First i want to resize the font of the main menu so i change some of the font size there and It works fine on my macbook but not work on window, i re download the prestashop and copy the theme.css and theme.rtx to re copy it and hope it work as before i changed it but it does not. please someone help me i am so desperate with this.

Edited by caffe663 (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, nikoz said:

Hi..

If you don't share any link of your website we cannot see the problem so we cannot help. So you want only to change the font size of the main menu ?  

I wanted to change the font size of my menu so i go to public_html/themes/classic/assets/css/theme.css and public_html/themes/classic/assets/css/theme_rtl.css i change some of the value of the font size in there and suddenly the css wont work on my website any more
My website is https://syun.vn/

Ok..
What I would do is to replace again the files that I have changed with the original ones. Maybe install somewhere local the prestashop and then replace both css files. Once you do this and you have your website back working again we can can do any changes you want.

Which version of Prestashop do you use ? 1.7 ?

22 minutes ago, nikoz said:

Ok..
What I would do is to replace again the files that I have changed with the original ones. Maybe install somewhere local the prestashop and then replace both css files. Once you do this and you have your website back working again we can can do any changes you want.

Which version of Prestashop do you use ? 1.7 ?

I am using 1.73, i downloaded it back on the prestashop web and copy the css that i changed to the file but it does not seem to work.

1 minute ago, Rhobur said:

Do not mess with the theme.css, add your css code into the your_theme/assets/css/custom.css.

Can i reset it now if i copy the default css code from the prestashop download package to the custom.css ?

4 minutes ago, Rhobur said:

the default PS css code is in theme.css, restore this one and to custom.css only your changes.

So i copy this code to the custom css but it still does not work (this code are from the prestashop package i have just downloaded):
theme.css
Also beside this theme.css i also messed with the theme_rlt.css should i copy the default code and paste there too ?

You don't seem to pay attention to what you're reading...
DO NOT copy theme.css to custom css.. if you already modified the theme.css and the theme_rlt.css in your theme just replace them with the originals from the PS package to restore everything as it was.
THEN, add whatever css changes you want to custom.css only (which is empty by default when you install your theme); if you don't have an assets/css/custom.css just create it.

1 minute ago, Rhobur said:

You don't seem to pay attention to what you're reading...
DO NOT copy theme.css to custom css.. if you already modified the theme.css and the theme_rlt.css in your theme just replace them with the originals from the PS package to restore everything as it was.
THEN, add whatever css changes you want to custom.css only (which is empty by default when you install your theme); if you don't have an assets/css/custom.css just create it.

Thank you a lot, it becomes normal again. Thank a lot. Also can you tell me how to add a blog, or a list to the right side/ right column of the theme. I have a smartblog category and i don't know how can i switch it from the left to the right.

You're welcome!
Please edit your first post and add [SOLVED] before the title starts so other people can find this id they run into similar problems.
As for the other question you'll have to create a new post, this is the forum rule, to keep a single issue per post otherwise it gets confusing.

A single pointer though, your blog should be hooked to right column instead of the left column and the right column enabled in your theme.

8 minutes ago, Rhobur said:

You're welcome!
Please edit your first post and add [SOLVED] before the title starts so other people can find this id they run into similar problems.
As for the other question you'll have to create a new post, this is the forum rule, to keep a single issue per post otherwise it gets confusing.

A single pointer though, your blog should be hooked to right column instead of the left column and the right column enabled in your theme.

Thank you, i will edit this as solved.

Edited by caffe663 (see edit history)

• caffe663 changed the title to [SOLVED] Css not working
  • 2 months later...
On 4/28/2021 at 11:11 AM, Rhobur said:

Do not mess with the theme.css, add your css code into the your_theme/assets/css/custom.css.

I've tried to add some custom CSS to the theme/custom.css file but it doesn't seem to take effect. 

I seem to remember reading some time ago that it no longer worked in 1.7.x but I may be wrong? I am using 1.7.7.5 and I'm simply trying to change some basic CSS like the colour of buttons etc.