Prestashop 1.7 Paypal Module: Shop country USA, PayPal account Serbian

HI,

My country, Serbia, is not supported with the PayPal module. If I set the store country to be USA, can I use my Serbian PayPal with it?

I tried to connect my account and that worked, but I do not know if I can actually use my website that way. Will my purchases be accepted from every country or just USA or Serbia by the PayPal.

What does that actually mean, list of supported countries by the module, if I can connect any other, not supported country with the PayPal if I set as a Shop country any supported country from the list.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Soft Wholesale (see edit history)

Paypal restrictions are not on countries but on currencies.

In process.php i have add this

// Eolia add to force currency if current currency is not accepted by Paypal
		// See https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/currency_codes/
		$paypal_currencies = array('AUD', 'BRL', 'CAD', 'CZK', 'DKK', 'EUR', 'HKD', 'HUF', 'ILS', 'JPY', 'MYR', 'MXN', 'NOK', 'NZD', 'PHP', 'PLN', 'GFP', 'RUB', 'SGD', 'SEK', 'CHF', 'TWD', 'THB', 'TRY', 'USD');
		$currency_module = $this->getCurrency((int)$this->context->cart->id_currency);
		if(!in_array($currency_module->iso_code, $paypal_currencies)) {		
			$default_currency = 'EUR';
			$this->context->cart->id_currency = Currency::getIdByIsoCode($default_currency);	
		}
		// End of Eolia add

before this line

$this->currency = new Currency((int)$this->context->cart->id_currency);

if (!Validate::isLoadedObject($this->currency))
			$this->_errors[] = $this->l('Not a valid currency');

Thank you so much !

However, I am not so versed in coding, so I assume the file process.php is located in Prestashop files or maybe in module files.

Prices on my website are in USD and if somene buys from Russia for example with your code that is converted to rubels or is paid in USD.

I sell software addons and I have no need for any other currency but the USD. PayPal always converts the currency if it is not in USD in my case?

If I do not change anything, I also assume that all pyments are then in USD. Is this correct?