Failed opening autoload.php after unsuccessful upgrade

Hello,

I would appreciate your help - not only to solve this out, but I am also learning programming so would like to understand what is going on here:

Tryied to upgrade from 1.7.3.0 to 1.7.7.3, using one-click upgrade module. Php 7.3, green check ticks everywhere before running the module, except max. execution time 90 sec (could not afford more).

Upgrade did not run successfully, now the program returns following error once page reloaded:

--

PHP Fatal error:  require(): Failed opening required '*myDomain/sub/eshop/config/../app/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/opt/remi/php73/root/usr/share/pear:/opt/remi/php73/root/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /*myDomain/sub/eshop/config/autoload.php on line 33

--

The existing file */config/autoload.php reads following:

--

define('_PS_VERSION_', '1.7.3.0');

require_once(_PS_CONFIG_DIR_.'alias.php');
require_once(_PS_CLASS_DIR_.'PrestaShopAutoload.php');
spl_autoload_register(array(PrestaShopAutoload::getInstance(), 'load'));

require(__DIR__.'/../app/autoload.php');

--

My questions are:
- shall I change the path to autoload.php in another location?
- (if missing) - is it possible to get this file from any installation package
- or is it possible to manually reinstall the eshop, but using saved user data?

I understand that normally I shall return back to a previous backup - but this will not solve the problem with the subsequent update, asi it did the same to me three times already.

Many thanks for your kind help in advance!

I don't understand anything of what is happening in your shop and what you are doing.

/config/../app/autoload.php is NOT the same as /config/autoload.php.

The /app directory doesn't contain an autoload.php file so it is not surprising that you get a 404 for that.

Do not change core files like autoload.php. You are only increasing the mess.

14 hours ago, musicmaster said:

I don't understand anything of what is happening in your shop and what you are doing.

/config/../app/autoload.php is NOT the same as /config/autoload.php.

The /app directory doesn't contain an autoload.php file so it is not surprising that you get a 404 for that.

Do not change core files like autoload.php. You are only increasing the mess.

Many thanks @musicmaster for your strict but honest answer.

Supposing I reinstall previous backup and run the upgrade again, please, what is the best method to identify/track the errors that will be raised during the upgrade process?

6 hours ago, hordelymvs said:

Many thanks @musicmaster for your strict but honest answer.

Supposing I reinstall previous backup and run the upgrade again, please, what is the best method to identify/track the errors that will be raised during the upgrade process?

Observe, observe, observe.

Look for php errors in the server's error log.

Look for javascript errors.

Look to the output of the upgrade process.

Upgrading within 90 seconds is impossible. The least you can try is making a manual backup and disabling the backup done by the upgrade process. You can also decrease the size of the database by emptying statistics tables like ps_connections. But if 90 seconds is all you have even that is likely not enough and you will need to download the webshop and upgrade it on your local computer.