SOLVED - Problem with php version, module install crashing, fatal errors

I am running version 1.6.1.24 and am having terrible trouble with modules and updating the version.

I updated recently from 1.6.1.19 to 1.6.1.24 as my server host keeps upgrading their firewall and server and they say my php should be a 7.1 rather than 5.5

When they switch the php to 7.1 my site crashes and I get this error

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in /home/kokodesi/public_html/shop2/modules/jscomposer/jscomposer.php:1393 Stack trace: #0 /home/kokodesi/public_html/shop2/modules/jscomposer/jscomposer.php(1405): JsComposer->lcfirst('Jwplayer') #1 /home/kokodesi/public_html/shop2/modules/jscomposer/include/classes/vendors/_autoload.php(21): JsComposer->vc_camel_case('jwplayer') #2 /home/kokodesi/public_html/shop2/modules/jscomposer/include/classes/vendors/class-vc-vendors-manager.php(12): require_once('/home/kokodesi/...') #3 /home/kokodesi/public_html/shop2/modules/jscomposer/include/classes/vendors/class-vc-vendors-manager.php(9): Vc_Vendors_Manager->init(Object(JsComposer)) #4 /home/kokodesi/public_html/shop2/modules/jscomposer/jscomposer.php(1115): Vc_Vendors_Manager->__construct(Object(JsComposer)) #5 /home/kokodesi/public_html/shop2/modules/jscomposer/jscomposer.php(1084): JsComposer->vc() #6 /home/kokodesi/public_html/shop2/modules/jscomposer/jscomposer.php(2842): JsComposer->init() #7 /home in /home/kokodesi/public_html/shop2/modules/jscomposer/jscomposer.php on line 1393

When I changed it to 5.6 I get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in /home/kokodesi/public_html/shop2/modules/jscomposer/jscomposer.php on line 1393

But when I change it back to version 5.5, the site works fine.

I updated my version of Prestashop to 1.6.1.24 and it still only works with php 5.5

I then tried to install Prestashop Checkout and the module crashed on install.

Now, when I click on modules I get this error

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home/kokodesi/public_html/shop2/modules/ps_checkout/ps_checkout.php:
Arrays are not allowed in class constants

Prestashop support told me I need to have php of 7.1 for version 1.6.1.24 to work but won't tell me how I can undo the damage the botched install has done.

I have no idea how to fix the site so I can click on modules and services and edit the shop.

Can anyone help?

Edited by kokod
issue solved (see edit history)

Hi, I check my php settings on the web server. It appears mbstring is installed

cpsrvd 11.94.0.4

Database client version: libmysql - 5.6.43

PHP extension: mysqli curl mbstring

PHP version: 7.3.27

Does something need to be activated?

It is for PHP7.3 but you can't use it on PS1.6+ which is not compatible with it, you have to switch to PHP7.1 as yourself wrote you tried with.
Having mbsring installed for PHP7.3 doesn't mean it is also installed for PHP7.1.

• Like 2

• kokod changed the title to SOLVED - Problem with php version, module install crashing, fatal errors