Upgrade with 1-click failing - SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

Hello,

I have tried to do a manual upgrade of my prestashop 1.7.6.7 to 1.7.7 using the 1 click upgrade module. This is failing with database error:

DbPDO.php line 136 - PrestaShopException: Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused

It seems that some ALTER TABLE commands works fine and then after a while this error appears.

Should there be any issues with the DB connection I would have assumed that this was going to show not only when doing the upgrade, but in other cases as well. A bit confusing to me.

I have checked the parameters.php file and it contains the correct information. I see nothing in particular on DbPDO.php that is saying why this would happen more than that connect() would be called, which is correct since it executes a db command.

I also encountered this error:

ZipAction.php line 154 - Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded

I wonder if anyone else has encountered this kind of problem and if they have been able to solve it. Tried to google a bit but all I could see is that the database is too weak. I don't understand what kind of answer that is. If there is any configuration that needs to be made to the mysql database that could cause the issue I would like to know what that setting is. Are there any requirements on the database settings for the upgrade process?

After the upgrade the site cannot be reached/loaded and I have to revert to my backup.

If 1 click upgrade cannot be used, then where can I find instructions on how to do manual upgrade? I found one on prestahop.com dev. It does not explain how the upgrade can be made to keep my existing site intact. I have not used it, not even in my lab environment, but it gives a feeling of that everything will be lost. Also, I prefer to have a process like the 1 click upgrade module rather than manual upgrade. I don't understand why this is not part of the prestashop solution.

Thanks