Upload your website that you built to prestashop

First of all, I don't know if this is the accurate topic for this section of the forum(i am a new user of prestashop and new user of this site also) . If it is not i would like to apolozige for it.

So here are my problems:

- I want to know where can i upload a website that i created (which i locate in a folder) to my website (which is live and have prestashop installed with prestashop theme). I designed a website (which include html,css,js) i don't know where should i upload this.Should i upload it on my hosting sever in the public_html section, the database section?

- I want to know that is it possible to upload it on prestashop like that. Or if i unistall prestashop. Upload my website on the host and reinstall the prestashop will my website have my own theme that i created or it will have the default prestashop theme.
English is not my native language so if there is something that hard to understand or something wrong please pardon me.
Thank you.

Hi,

If I have understand well you have two separated websites. One is Prestashop and another one. So, if you already have a hosting you could uploaded it there in a separated folder. For example create a folder in you public_html section and put the files of your website there. Then access the new website by ex. www.yourdomain.com/yournewfoldername.

Another solution is to buy a new domain and link the website you want to upload there, so it will be separated from your prestashop website.

You don't need to uninstall the prestashop, and it is not good idea to have both websites in the same folder. It will mess up everything

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, nikoz said:

Hi,

If I have understand well you have two separated websites. One is Prestashop and another one. So, if you already have a hosting you could uploaded it there in a separated folder. For example create a folder in you public_html section and put the files of your website there. Then access the new website by ex. www.yourdomain.com/yournewfoldername.

Another solution is to buy a new domain and link the website you want to upload there, so it will be separated from your prestashop website.

You don't need to uninstall the prestashop, and it is not good idea to have both websites in the same folder. It will mess up everything

Thank you for your advice. 
I want to know one thing. If i create a new folder as you said or buy a new domain link in the host. Will it mess up the prestashop function.
The thing here is i only want to use the prestashop adminitrastion to check the development of my website without using the default prestashop theme.
If there is anything in my saying that is confused please pardon me. Once again thank you for helping me out with this
Thank you

No, if you create a new folder in your public_html  and put your website there, will not mess up the prestashop. Will be two different websites. Does you new website requires database or it is just html, java etc.  ? If it does require database you will have to create one from your cpanel, and then use it for your new website.

So, to make this clear if I have understand well you have already a prestashop in your public_html and you have another website (not prestashop). If you put this new website in a new folder you will have no problem with your prestashop because are two different websites.