Update without login

Hi,

Have had prestashop for a long time but now all of a sudden it is completely impossible to login from any browser to back office.
So is there a way of upgrading without being loged in?

I am NOT a programmer so I will not even consider sit and try to find out what is wrong and why I cannot login.
My server agent says there is something wrong with the PHP actions, and sure the error list is long in the logfile but still. I have been able to login before despite those logs. But now nothing works.

I have cleared the cache, cookies in browers, tried different browsers, deleted webshop chache file and so on but still all I get is a whote page or a 500 message, depending on what browser I use.

Can I solve such an image by changing from Apache to Windows setup at my server location?
I don't know what that means but it says when I log in that it should be Apache if I use PHP and whould be Windows if I use ASP.

Does someone have any clue why my problems occur?
I have posted in general Prestashop archive as well, no answers there, mayby I am invisible there I don't now.
Have been trying this now for two weeks and soon I will ned o remove my entire shop, with several hundreds of products and rebuild everything including product databases, and that is a big no go for me. It will take months to put everything up and running again with so many products.

Any suggestions are welcome and I will try anything.

Thank you fellows.

15 hours ago, sebpil said:

My server agent says there is something wrong with the PHP actions,

Which version did the PS use before the missing login page?

Check your Server PHP Configuration it is possible that php 5.3 was taken off and that this caused the error.

7 hours ago, Nickz said:

Which version did the PS use before the missing login page?

Check your Server PHP Configuration it is possible that php 5.3 was taken off and that this caused the error.

No problem here. I used 7.1 before it was impossible to login. Yesterday I tried to go all versions from 5.3 up to 7.2. None of them work to get my login page back. Its just so extremely strange.

With my free tool Copy_Shopdata upgrading in this situation is possible. 

There are at least three options why you can't login:

- A bug in the software caused by something going wrong in the software.

- Your hosting provider changed the php version so that it is no longer compatible with your PS version

- wrong password

- the "admin login loop" bug where your password is correct (you have no error message) but there is a redirect to the login page 

3 hours ago, musicmaster said:

With my free tool Copy_Shopdata upgrading in this situation is possible. 

There are at least three options why you can't login:

- A bug in the software caused by something going wrong in the software.

- Your hosting provider changed the php version so that it is no longer compatible with your PS version

- wrong password

- the "admin login loop" bug where your password is correct (you have no error message) but there is a redirect to the login page 

Thank your for your reply.
First issue first, I need to get to the login page, I only see a white page, nothing else. That is the only problem.
Otherwise I know how to update when I am inside Prestashop, but to get there is impossible right now. Read all my posts above. Thank you for your in detail explanation.

1 hour ago, sebpil said:

Thank your for your reply.
First issue first, I need to get to the login page, I only see a white page, nothing else. That is the only problem.
Otherwise I know how to update when I am inside Prestashop, but to get there is impossible right now. Read all my posts above. Thank you for your in detail explanation.

Did you enable debug mode?

• 2 weeks later...

My server upgraded PHP & MySQL and I can no longer reach the back office. Error reported: Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /var/www/e_store/vendor/icanboogie/common/lib/helpers.php on line 306

Front Store is down too.

I can't tell you the exact Store version other than 1.7. something

Server version: 8.0.24 - MySQL Community Server - GPL

Previously 7.2.34

Apache2 version 2.4.46

HELP!!!!

Prestashop doesn't run with PHP 8. Even PHP 7.4 is problematic. 7.3 is max at the moment.

So you have three choices:

- PHP back to an other version

- Go to another hosting provider.

- Switch to Thirty Bees. But then you will need an PS 1.6 theme.

Any option can be done within a day. It is up to you.

• Like 1

As for the PS version of 1.7,  I went looking in In the file /app/AppKernel.php but there was nothing regarding the version number (albeit I frequently miss things) so I looked in various config files and two of them said it was version 1.7

It appears that the downgrade process for MySQL involves removal and re installation from a backup so that will take substantially longer than the amount of time available to me today since I want to make sure I don't screw up other programs using MySQL...