Google Analytics module v2.3.4 - Presta 1.6 - issue with transactions

mmmcommerce

Hi,

I noticed a problem with a few customers who have online stores based on PrestaShop version 1.6. The problem is related to the integration with Google Analytics. The Google Analytics v2.3.4 module is used for this integration. In four online stores, I noticed transactions where the transaction value is correct, but none of the products are assigned to the transaction. I created several test orders in each of the stores, but each time the data was sent to Google Analytics correctly.

Additionally, I noticed that in the case of transactions where the number of purchased products is 0, very often these transactions are assigned to one or two cities. I verified the transaction ID from Google Analytics with the data from the CMS and the order was completed in a different city.

In one of the stores, after excluding the owner's IP address, all transactions assigned to the owner's city were excluded, but after talking to the owner it appears that virtually none of these transactions were carried out in this city. In addition, I checked some of these transactions and according to the data from the Presta panel, it is very unlikely that they were made in the owner's city. It looked like there were 200 sessions that generated ~~ 100 transactions, which is very unlikely.

Have you ever heard of such an error?

To sum up:

- Presta 1.6

- Google Analytics v2.3.4 module

- transactions of different users are assigned to one user in Google Analytics

- these transactions in the quantity of products purchased have a value of 0