Customer address change is not chnaged in invoice pdf in Prestashop 1.7.7.1

ruedi

My customer specified an erroneous delivery address.

I corrected the error in the backend, but the wrong address in the invoice pdf remains. Clearing/deleting all caches does not help.

When checking the data in the DB I find two records for the same customer now: One contains the old (erronoeous address), the next one shows the new (corrected and correct) address.

I have the impression, that even after correcting the address the old record from the DB containing the erronenous address data is still used to create the invoice. After correcting this old record manually in the db with phpmyadmin the invoice is correct.

Is this a bug?

• 4 weeks later...

It's more of a feature. When you edit an address, the old version is saved and a new address is created, with a new ID. Only the original ID remains in the order. The only option is to manually edit the IDs of both addresses in the order.

thank you. And yes, that's what I found out too, a long time ago :-). It's the way it works.

But I still wonder about the implementation fo the customer address change. If I change this info, I expect that the ID in the order and the invoice based on it reflects this change too.

It might be useful to "historize" an address to be able to show old tansactions with the address used for them. But it would be nice to be able to correct a wrong customer address (entered by the customer itself) in an order in a way, that the order uses the new, corrected address afterwards.

I find the need to manually change the ID to the new address in the order is a rather ugly implementation. Especially as there is not hint shown that this must be done, and where and how as well.

It is not so easy as it looks. The invoice is a legal document and you can't change the address and other parts completely arbitrary.

I would imagine to have an option to change the invoice adress as well on the address page in the Back Office.