Slow Store and High usage CPU

atroci

We had the support from the theme make some changes and fix some bugs on our site, and ever since the website is very slow with a high usage of cpu.

Looking at the server and trying to figure out we were not able to track what was the issue or how to reverse, but it looks like they might have changed something in the machine we have for the website.

Is there a way for us to track what's the issue since they are unresponsive since a few days?

website is tecnolog.store

image_2021-03-31_12-17-16.png

Hi, how many products do you have in your store ?
I'm optimizing a store with more than 100.000 products, but I'm having issues with a high initContent loading time. 

It happens only on homepage ( also on localhost and all homepage modules disacrivated ) and on the main category page so I think it's related to a pruduct related query.

Did you check the profiler values? 

Close to 60k+

We restored the store to a previous backup and it's working now again, but very slow for some actions like checkout, let me know how's it going for you with this optimization maybe it'll also fit my store..

thanks

The only page that are a bit slow ( 3 or so seconds) are the homepage and the main category page. Everything else is really fast, almost instantaneous. Activating the profiler I saw that the time is due to the query timing. So I'm wondering how to optimize the query in that page. 

Another strange behavior, that happens on the first page only is that the first request has a wait time of some seconds before the server give the first response. 
I think in that time is running all the first queries it needs on the main page. 

On your store, if you're seeing it slow on the Checkout the cause may be in some modules used in that part. 
Another thing that can slow down your checkout confirmation is the order confirm email sending, check your SMTP configuration (or sendmail) because sometimes the server hangs some second during the email sending process (that is not due to Prestashop but it's on the SMTP sending process).