Hi!

We are updating our site to 1.7, and i've used the MigrationPro module for importing data from 1.6 to 1.7. 
For the first time it worked well, all the data came through.
We built the v1.7 design, and i've made some modifications on carriers.

Now we want to test version 1.7 and my questions is as follows:

• can this module handle test orders? so if there are orders on 1.7(these will be the test orders) that are not on 1.6, the module will still be able to import the new orders from 1.6 without any confusion? 
  • or do I need to delete all test orders so we can import new orders and products accumulated in the meantime from 1.6?
    in this case I also need to reset the auto_increment values to the state after the first migration?

Or should import the data only when the 1.7 is complete? And delete all of data (orders,customers,cart,products etc.) from 1.7, and run the import only once time?

What are your opinions?

Hi, 
Before migration process the module will ask you clean target shop and you need to clean new shop then start migration process.
If in new shop will be test products or any data then you can face troubles during migration process.
Also, set your shop design or complete your custom modules set up and etc.. 
Then start your migration process.

15 minutes ago, PrestaServicePro said:

Hi, 
Before migration process the module will ask you clean target shop and you need to clean new shop then start migration process.
If in new shop will be test products or any data then you can face troubles during migration process.
Also, set your shop design or complete your custom modules set up and etc.. 
Then start your migration process.

Thank you for your answer.
That's exactly what I did.

I may have formulated my question incorrectly.

A little addition:
Step 1:  Installed Prestashop v1.7 on subdomain
Step 2: Migrated data from v1.6 with MigrationPro(clean target enablad)
Step 3: I have the current data migrated from v1.6
Step 4: Redesigned the page to the way I want the page to look
Step 5: I've tested the v1.7. -> checkout process(new orders), registration process (new customers), etc.
Step 6: As it took time to redesign and test the v1.7 site, the data mentioned in Step 3 is no longer up to date, as 1.6 has been running in the meantime, so there have been new orders, etc.
Step 7: So there is currently new data in v1.7 that is not in v1.6 (mentioned in Step 5), and the question was about that.

In the module config there is a flag named Migrate recent data , if I turn this on, will the module be able to handle the differences and still be able to migrate only the "recent data"? - o I have to delete everything from 1.7 and re-import

What would be the better solution?

5 hours ago, Mara Drijbooms said:

Hi KoreLewi

I suggest you use an automated shopping cart migration tool to facilitate your shift and to import all your data seamlessly and accurately.

• We have the option "Clear Data On Target Store Before Migration", it allows you to delete the data (on the Target Store) in accordance with selected entities for migration. It is to avoid mix and duplication of data during the migration process. Together with many more additional options available for you.
  • With our service, during the migration, we ensure 100% uptime for your customers current store. It will still serve new customers and process new orders normally, and no sales disruption!
  • After the migration, we ensure no missing data with our Free and Unlimited Recent Migrations, Re-Migrations and Smart Update services within 3 months.
  • Besides, we provide a 30 day money back guarantee to prove confidence in our services and their value to your customers.

Currently you can run the Free Demo on our website. After checking your demo migration results, if you are satisfied, you can proceed to the full migration. The set up will be completed within a few minutes.

Please have a look at our blog, we offer ultimate guidelines on how to migrate with our services.

Feel free to contact us via our website even when running the demo, we will support you dedicatedly and timely. 

Yes, migrationPro module has all above maintained options
And i can use multiple time. I used first time at the beginning of development so that we can test with authentic data. And I will migrate again when the development is complete

A few hours of downtime fits smoothly

Btw, thanks for your reply

• Like 2